I Just Want To Be Happy With My Body

Options
Hi everyone!

I'm new to MFP, but I've been tracking my calories for the last two years on another site. Since February of 2011 I've lost about 50 pounds (my max weight was 256 lbs), gained some back, then lost them again!

I'm 29, and have had issues with my body since childhood. As a girl I was teased for being mixed race, and as a teen and adult I was overweight, thin, underweight, overweight again, and now I'm just a little chubby. I finally started seeing a therapist about a year ago, and I feel so much better about myself. I realize how much I've held on to from people that never really mattered in the first place, and I'm trying really hard to make my life one that I can be proud of.

I'd like to make some "encouragement friends" on MFP to keep me on track, and I'd like to do the same for you.

Thanks, and good health!

Replies

• mommyweighless
    mommyweighless Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Great to have you! Sorry to read that people teased you, some people are cruel, but they do not make you or break you! I would love to be an encouragement friend to you...I do my best each day to motivate people and start them off on a positive note! Feel free to friend me! I also have a motivational Facebook page and blog..feel free to check them out too! Love new support!

Liz

mommyweighless.blogspot.com
    http://www.facebook.com/MommyWeighLess
  • gottaTuscany
    gottaTuscany Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I am so happy for you that you are on your way to good health. Keep up the great work! Add sent :)
  • goffley3
    goffley3 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    That sucks about the teasing, when I was growing up I was always teased about my weight, and I've never had high self esteem. Those challenges are there to make you stronger though, if you can come out the other side intact then you are a stronger person for it.

I'm glad that your doing the right thing for your health though, I'm here with you. Add me if you'd like!!