Apple cider vinegar

Ok I'm hoping this is in the right spot. If not I'm sure it will be moved or deleted. Ok

Here goes. I have started taking apple cider vinegar, as its supposed to help, many different areas, sinus being one that I have problems with, I'm just wondering would there be anyone else using it at all?

Replies

• fitniknik
    fitniknik Posts: 713 Member
    I took it religiously for 5 months. 2tsp every morning diluted in water. The only thing I noticed was that my body recovered from a tough workout quicker. I have since stopped taking it because I was worried about my teeth because it can do some major damage.
  • Treece68
    Treece68 Posts: 780 Member
    My friend drank it every morning to help move things along ... if you know what i mean :wink:
  • michellelhartwig
    michellelhartwig Posts: 486 Member
    My health coach has recommended it to me...I drink 1.5 tsp of acv with 1 tsp raw honey, 2 stevia packets, juice of 1/2 lemon and hot water...For me, it helps curb my cravings...I don't know that I've noticed an improvement with my sinus problems, but I haven't been religious about taking it either....
  • kellicci
    kellicci Posts: 409 Member
    I haven't taken it regularly but when I have a sore throat I mix a Tablespoon with hot water and honey and it soothes my sore throat.
  • _AllieCat_
    _AllieCat_ Posts: 515 Member
    I took it religiously for 5 months. 2tsp every morning diluted in water. The only thing I noticed was that my body recovered from a tough workout quicker. I have since stopped taking it because I was worried about my teeth because it can do some major damage.

I've been taking it for a few days actually and I read it can mess with your teeth. What I do is always make sure to drink it with a straw and not to get it on my teeth. I assume it's not any worse for your teeth than citrus juice, or sodas.

I haven't felt any different since drinking it daily, but I did read it had multitudes of positive health effects. It actually gives me a slight stomach ache when I drink it (even with meals). Curious to see if anyone has seen health improvements from this natural remedy.
  • I was drinking it 3 times a day, this week I have been down to 1 time..Only becasue I keep forgetting to drink it.. When I was doing it 3 times a day I was drinking 2-3 tablespoons prior to meals..I lost 4 pounds in one week, not sure if it was a coincidence or not..but I was happy. My only confusion is how much i should be drinking at a time...I see on here alot of people are drinking 1-2 TEAspoons, I googled it and most of what I have seen, to be effective you need to drink 2-3 TABLEspoons..so not sure what I should do..I hate the taste..I don't think I will get used to the taste..But I will continue to drink it for all the health benefits, besides weightloss.

What is everyone elses dosage they drink?
  • ahoier
    ahoier Posts: 312 Member
    I got the "original" Braggs brand ACV in my closet above my stove (where my keep my supplements), and have been taking it typically once a day.....I actually mix it in my shaker bottle, and sip on it throughout the day and/or work out.......it's typically gone by noon time since I love the taste of water and drink it so much....at first I was "ewwed" out by it, but have actually acquired a taste for it.....I got a 3-cup shaker bottle, and typically put 5 TSP (not tablespoon...) in the shaker, that I sip on during my work out....

The Braggs bottle actually recommends 1-2 TSP (again, not TBSP) per 8 ounces of water.....Tablespoons........whew, that would be intense I imagine ;)

Funny, cause I was in walmart the other day, and HEINZ (the Ketchup brand) actually has their own version of AVC "with the mother" which is apparantly the "meat and potatoes" of ACV.......supposidely, if you're just sipping on the clear, pasteurized, plain ACV.....you don't got the right stuff.....I got my Bragg's ACV from GNC, for I think 3 bucks......so it's not too badly priced, the stuff goes a long way.
  • i take apple cider vinegar every morning.. what i do is, when i make my decaf coffee, i drink some,and while its in my mouth , i take 1 tablespoon vinegar. it sure isnt the best tasting, but, i have come to like it. since i started this, i dont get heartburn anymore, although, my general change in my diet might also be the cause of that.