Finally! 20 lbs gone! Thank you MFP Warriors!

I got on the scale yesterday. I just about freaked out, 20 lbs! I didn't believe it, so I made my 11 yr old weigh since he had just been weighed at the dr, the scale was right on. Freaking out! I can't remember the last time I lost 20 lbs. (Guess if I could I probably wouldn't need to lose 20 lbs...) 20 lbs lighter just from adjusting my diet, I haven't even pushed myself physically yet. If I would have known I had to eat more to lose weight I would have done it a long time ago. Thank you Myfitnesspal warriors! You have given me the encouragement I desperately needed and motavation I so desperately lacked! YOU ROCK!!! THANKS!!!
~Made for Praise

Replies

• Sherfoodie
    Sherfoodie Posts: 34 Member
    I got on the scale yesterday. I just about freaked out, 20 lbs! I didn't believe it, so I made my 11 yr old weigh since he had just been weighed at the dr, the scale was right on. Freaking out! I can't remember the last time I lost 20 lbs. (Guess if I could I probably wouldn't need to lose 20 lbs...) 20 lbs lighter just from adjusting my diet, I haven't even pushed myself physically yet. If I would have known I had to eat more to lose weight I would have done it a long time ago. Thank you Myfitnesspal warriors! You have given me the encouragement I desperately needed and motavation I so desperately lacked! YOU ROCK!!! THANKS!!!
    ~Made for Praise
  • Congrats!!! I hope I am as successful. How long did it take?
  • Skinnier_Me
    Skinnier_Me Posts: 341 Member
    Wow!!

Congrats M4P!!!

How are you doing it??

We've been on this site the same amount of time and I've lost 4 pounds.

What's your secret?

Way to go!!!
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    That is so awesome. You and I are at the same point. Keep going we can do it :).

Eve
  • Sherfoodie
    My secret... I don't know...
    Cleaned out my pantry...
    My family is eating what I am...
    Drinking half my weight in ounces of water daily...
    Taking the stairs everywhere...
    The bottomline is I have 120 lbs to lose, so look at it as percentage of weight lost.
    6 weeks = 20lbs = 3.3 lbs a week = 7.6% tpwl
    Not exactly "biggest loser" weightloss but healthy weightloss.
  • Congrats ! Keep up the good work. Give us an idea of what your eating for your meals..
  • Sherfoodie
    VEGETABLES!!!! and I'm eating, I think that's the big thing. I'm averaging 1500/day. I'm not making "special diet food" just normal things my family enjoys beefed up with vegis and cutting the fat and processed ingredients. I think the key has been water water water and I'm not allowing myself to negative selftalk.
    Any really if I knew the "secret" I'd be patoning it! I believe different things work for different people at different times of life. This is working for me now... I wish I could tell you more but... I don't know...
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,940 Member
    M4P,

Great job! VERY impressive....Pretty soon you'll start wanting to exercise more !

That is an excellent motivator to know you've found something that is working for you. Keep it up!

~cheryl