what feels better than this?

Options
I ordered a pair of jeans from Old Navy, a size smaller, as my current size has gotten too big. So they come today and I take them out of the package to try on. As I unfold them and look at them, I say to myself, there is no way these will fit! They look so SMALL! Well, lo and behold they fit perfectly! Yay :happy:

Replies

• mrso97
    mrso97 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    thats the best feeling ever!!!! congratulations!!
  • cylima
    cylima Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    thats the best feeling ever!!!! congratulations!!

I agree!!
  • longingforcontrol
    Options
    omg!! amazing.
  • LeighAnna115
    Options
    Congrats! That's the best feeling
  • Mummyadams
    Mummyadams Posts: 1,125 Member
    Options
    Yay!
  • strawberrytoast
    strawberrytoast Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    All because youve got "that small" to fit into them :) Well done
  • allison_ortiz
    allison_ortiz Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I ordered a pair of jeans from Old Navy, a size smaller, as my current size has gotten too big. So they come today and I take them out of the package to try on. As I unfold them and look at them, I say to myself, there is no way these will fit! They look so SMALL! Well, lo and behold they fit perfectly! Yay :happy:

This is so awesome, and I can totally relate!!! I went to Old Navy about 10 days ago when I reached the One-der-lands to buy myself a congratulatory pair of jeans. The last pair of jeans I bought were at the end of August and they were a size 14. I've always boughten my pants a little lose so that way when they relax they are comfy, well since I started losing weight that translates in way too big so when I bought the 14's I had to talk myself into them because they were snug. But, anyone who's ever worn Old Navy jeans knows that they relax a lot so after about an hour of wearing the 14's they were super baggy and I looked like I had old man butt!

So when I went for the jeans 10 days ago I made myself pick up 14, and a pair of 12 well the 14 were HUGE the 12's fit the way the 14's did last time so I knew that even though they were snug that in an hour they would be baggy so I went back out and grabbed a 10...I did the same thing you did took one look at them and thought there is no way all of me is going to fit into those tiny little pants!!! Well they were snug but I again I made myself buy them...BUT after an hour of wearing them they were perfect! YAY to not only losing the weight but being confident enough to believe we can wear the smaller size!

P.s. I went home with a size 10 skinny jeans...when I started I couldnt fit into my super stretchy size 28 jeans from Lane Bryant!!!
  • tkz65
    tkz65 Posts: 22
    Options
    Great job ladies!!! I had a similar experience. I went into Cato's fashion to buy a pair of jeans because I actually walked out of my old pair size 20. I put on the 16 and the clerk asked how I was doing, I told her that they just were a little big around the waist and didn't fit right. She asked if she could look and see the fit. I came out of the dressing room and she said "they are just plain to big I will find you a 14" she was right. Felt great to be in a size 14 jean. Haven't been in that size since 1992. Have 20 more pounds to go. Slow process but worth it.
  • dorilou1969
    Options
    yes it felt damn good to put on those size 10 skinny jeans :drinker:

in case anyone is interested, I have been battling my weight pretty much since I am a young teen. I am only 5 feet tall and usually clocked in at about 175. In the mid 90's I was in a bad living situation and lost about 40 pounds. Then, I met the man of my dreams, got married, got too comfortable and lazy, gained it all back and then some. I peaked at 202 a few years back. Lost a few, not much, stayed in the 190's for awhile. Then finally got serious (kinda sorta) about 4 years ago, and went down to 152. Stayed there for about a week and went up to 157. I was ok with that number for awhile. However, my body was not. I have high cholesterol, genetically, which is not helped by a poor diet at all. I am currently on 2 meds for cholesterol and one for triglycerides. Still I gained more weight, went back up to 162, and then 167. Then about a year ago my doctor tells me I have borderline sugar. I try to cut back, I lose a few pounds, go back to 157, still borderline sugar 5 months later. I do NOT want to be diabetic. I already have the high cholesterol! So I started seeing a dietician that I really like and also found MFP. I lost 5 more pounds, back to 152 as of yesterday. Was wearing a size 18/20 in jeans when I was at 202, sometimes leggings and a big sweater cause the jeans were not so comfy. Now I am a size 10 :love: I can't wait to see my doctor in a couple more months and get my sugar reading. Maybe I can even get down to 1 cholesterol drug??!!!!

Sorry this got so long winded!
  • mary659497
    mary659497 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!!!
  • mary659497
    mary659497 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Congratulations too!!!
  • allison_ortiz
    allison_ortiz Posts: 75 Member
    Options

in case anyone is interested, I have been battling my weight pretty much since I am a young teen. I am only 5 feet tall and usually clocked in at about 175. In the mid 90's I was in a bad living situation and lost about 40 pounds. Then, I met the man of my dreams, got married, got too comfortable and lazy, gained it all back and then some. I peaked at 202 a few years back. Lost a few, not much, stayed in the 190's for awhile. Then finally got serious (kinda sorta) about 4 years ago, and went down to 152. Stayed there for about a week and went up to 157. I was ok with that number for awhile. However, my body was not. I have high cholesterol, genetically, which is not helped by a poor diet at all. I am currently on 2 meds for cholesterol and one for triglycerides. Still I gained more weight, went back up to 162, and then 167. Then about a year ago my doctor tells me I have borderline sugar. I try to cut back, I lose a few pounds, go back to 157, still borderline sugar 5 months later. I do NOT want to be diabetic. I already have the high cholesterol! So I started seeing a dietician that I really like and also found MFP. I lost 5 more pounds, back to 152 as of yesterday. Was wearing a size 18/20 in jeans when I was at 202, sometimes leggings and a big sweater cause the jeans were not so comfy. Now I am a size 10 :love: I can't wait to see my doctor in a couple more months and get my sugar reading. Maybe I can even get down to 1 cholesterol drug??!!!!

This is so awesome! You should be so proud of yourself! I am a medical assistant and so many people are diagnosed with high cholesterol and Diabetes or borderline and instead of changing it while they can they just continue until things are not reversable...but you've listened to your healthcare provider and made huge, positive changes in your life! WTG Lady, You are a rock star! :)
  • blakejohn
    blakejohn Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    the hot chick kicking it in the new jeans
  • Cougarita65
    Cougarita65 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Wow, so happy for you....I used to say I would be so happy if I could be a size 7, i was a size 13,now I'm a size 3! Never in my life did I think I would be that number!
  • d_Mode
    d_Mode Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    Nothing better than fitting into a pair of jeans you didn't think would fit. I recently tried on a pair of jeans from 3 years ago and THEY FIT! YESSSSSSS!
  • Destanie_Robyn
    Destanie_Robyn Posts: 304 Member
    Options

1st: Congratulations!
    2nd: I will be cheering you on! I hope you do get to go down to only 1 cholesterol med!
  • dorilou1969
    Options
    thank you all so much!!!!! this support can't be beat!
  • jharb2
    jharb2 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I have familial high cholesterol as well. Have been on a statin for 20 yrs. My 20yr old daughter inherited it as well and she is a size 2. My numbers have never been in the acceptable range , but are much improved w/ higher dose Lipitor , excercise and weight loss. Keep it up.
  • noriri
    noriri Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That's awesome and most definitely a great feeling. Continued success to you.
  • noriri
    noriri Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Wow that's awesome Alison! Congrats to you too!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!