Give your body a real treat

Options
My FIL in a very heavy man and I always bug him about nutrition and introduce him to new foods, the other day in the grocery store i saw he had bacon AND a kit kat bar. I said something and he said to me "I've had a long day I need this choclate its my treat"... as he stands there 300lb at 5'8 at 65 years old... Honestly I know we have hard days but adding ten pounds to you isnt going to make you feel better, eat an apple insted and give your body a real treat

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,108 Member
    Options
    Darn. I thought you had come up with a new KitKat + Bacon treat.

Tease.
  • Snooozie
    Snooozie Posts: 3,447 Member
    Options
    "
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Unless he's going to wrap the chocolate in bacon, I don't see the harm in having one chocolate bar and bacon can be good for you if you don't eat the entire amount you bought in one sitting.

Just my two cents.....
  • schondell
    schondell Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    I understand what you mean. Once I started focusing on my health I began to notice all the unhealthy choices my loved ones were making and it can be very disheartening. But once someone has reached that age, it's up to them to decide to make healthier choices or not to, you can't do it for him!
  • Gramps251
    Gramps251 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Set the example. That's all you can do.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    Unless he's going to wrap the chocolate in bacon, I don't see the harm in having one chocolate bar and bacon can be good for you if you don't eat the entire amount you bought in one sitting.

Just my two cents.....

Any food is fine once in a while in moderation. ANY food.

But if every time you have a hard day you eat extra, you're setting yourself up to get fat and feel bad. It's not a healthy habit and it is way too easy to do. We all do it sometimes.