Spin Class

snowflakepm
snowflakepm Posts: 6 Member
edited September 20 in Introduce Yourself
Anyone post a spin class for Cardio, I cant find it and dont really know how much to put for the calories burned. Im guessing about 400.

Replies

• KatWood
    KatWood Posts: 1,135 Member
    Calories for spin class I think are hard to estimate since the intensity is set by the individual and thus can vary. However, the research I have done shows about 400-600 calories, but I'm not sure what weight and fitness level that is based on. I wanted to get a more accurate reading with my heart rate monitor but it has stopped working.:grumble:

Anyways, 400 is probably a good guess.
    Spin is awesome, eh?
  • Taradise
    Taradise Posts: 302 Member
    I take spin classes several times a week. I document it as bicycling, vigorous effort. I'm a short person and near a healthy weight... I only burn 320 - 340 cals in an hour class. I think taller folks burn slightly more. But I agree with the other post, depends on how hard you work.
  • tayner
    tayner Posts: 372
    I spin nearly every day and my burn varies depending on the instructor, how hard I work, the type of class (climb heavy/sprint heavy/etc) but a good estimate for me is between 350-500 per 60 minute class.. the best way is to use a HRM or bodybugg....
This discussion has been closed.