What a difference 5 months can make! (Progress pics)

Options
epmck11
epmck11 Posts: 159 Member
Time for more progress pics! I did some after 3 months, and I was going to wait for 6 months, but I figured I'd share some now to show how lean I got because I'm planning on starting to bulk.

The lighting isn't great and I'm fair skinned so the pics aren't that flattering, but hopefully you can see that I've lost a lot of fat while I've also maintained, and probably even gained some, muscle over the last five months. It's hard to believe the first one was me only 22.5 weeks ago, and it's even harder to believe the current one is me now!

I appreciate any comments! I'd be happy to share what I've done if anyone is interested. Feel free to add me too if you want. :-)

BeforeandAfter10-23-2012_zps0e003ea8.jpg

Replies

• Crying_In_Color
    Crying_In_Color Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Looking good!
  • emtjmac
    emtjmac Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    Nice bro!
  • Tiff050709
    Tiff050709 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Big difference already! Great job :)
  • Phoenixchichima
    Options
    great job! do you feel as good as you look?
  • acuratlsd
    acuratlsd Posts: 228
    Options
    What all did you do to get this way... great job
  • Naomipal
    Naomipal Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Wow!! Great job keep it up!
  • lindalee0315
    lindalee0315 Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    Nicely done! What an inspiration for others. Good job.
  • Elif84
    Elif84 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Wow!! You look great!! Keep up the great work.
  • jessicayoung82
    jessicayoung82 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Way to go. Looking great!
  • strawberrytoast
    strawberrytoast Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Big difference, your a totally different shape! Well done :)
  • xxloveiswarr
    Options
    amazing!
  • surscheler
    surscheler Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic!
  • blueskysunburn
    blueskysunburn Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    WoW! Great job!
  • Cmg7664
    Cmg7664 Posts: 20
    Options
    Nice job!
  • epmck11
    epmck11 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your great feedback everyone! It gives me great motivation to keep it up.

For those who've asked, here's what I've done:

- I follow a Lean Gains eating schedule, intermittent fasting for 12-16 hours a day. Normally Lean Gains calls for 16 hours, but I live a very active lifestyle so sometimes that becomes difficult, but still I think Lean Gains has helped a lot with shedding fat during the fasting state.

- I count calories and macros diligently and follow a high protein, moderate carb and fat diet plan. I don't "eat clean" or follow a "caveman diet" or anything like that. If you look at my diary, I eat ice cream almost every day. I don't eat fast food because it disgusts me or drink soda because I don't like it, but that was the same for when I was fat.

- I weigh myself every morning, first thing I do after I go to the bathroom, then I enter it in a program called Libra for Android, which tracks your weight fluctuations and trends. People say not to weigh yourself that often, but for me it helps to know my weight fluctuations to keep better track of it. Plus Libra creates interesting charts for it!

- I don't track exercise or "eat back calories" because I don't trust any source of how many calories I've burned other than what my weight says over the period of a couple weeks. I calculated my estimated calories on another website for someone who lives an active lifestyle, and I modify that to fit my goals as I see fit, but I don't rely on MFP to tell me how many calories I should eat or how many I burned on some exercise which they have no idea about. I think it's a mistake to rely on MFP to make calculations for you on how many calories you burned. Just use MFP for tracking your eating.

- I don't do any cardio, but I work in a warehouse, which is a physically demanding job. This helped me burn a lot of my fat early on during my diet, and lately it has allowed me to eat a ton of calories without gaining weight.

- I lift religiously three times a week. I never miss a scheduled lifting day. My routine is simple, I focus on the big compound lifts: squats, deadlifts, bench press, overhead press, rows, pullups, etc. I don't waste my time with too many of the small isolation lifts. I lift heavy weights and keep pushing myself to go heavier. My workouts are extremely intense and that's why I make sure to have 4 rest days from lifting a week. I think people who want to see results fast think they'll get more improvements by going to the gym every day, and unfortunately that's not the case. You need those days off and just make sure the time that you're in the gym you're spending efficiently.
  • linnyannmarie
    Options
    wow! you are freakin ripped! great job! :love:
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    Awesome brother!! It's been a great experience to follow your progress!!
  • Violetta86
    Violetta86 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That's fantastic. Thanks for posting.
  • positivepineapple
    positivepineapple Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Nice work you should be really proud of yourself!
  • gaylynn35
    gaylynn35 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Wonderful job!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!