Newbie to my fitness pal

Options
I am a newbie to my fitness pal.. I have been on weight watcher for a while and because of the expense i had to let it go. I was told this is the next be things. I will say... so far i am loving this sight. But i will admit i need some support, tips, and tricks and motivations...

Replies

• readanddance
    readanddance Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Hi there! Feel free to send a friend request. I log on daily and am fairly good at posting replies to friend moments.
  • Lobster_Lover
    Lobster_Lover Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I was on WW as well and I actually didn't lose. The points system was difficult to keep track of if I didn't have a computer handy to figure it out. I find calories much easier to track and tools like MFP make it so much easier. I hope you find this as useful as I have so far!
  • prairiedawg2014
    Options
    welcome to MFP!! you will love it here. everyone is wonderful, supportive and quite helpful.
    good luck and wish you much success in your journey!! :flowerforyou:
    if you want to add me plz feel free to do so
  • lmeslie
    lmeslie Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I left WW for MFP as well...best decision ever. I lost weight more easily doing it this way than with points. Feel free to add me for support, I'm on every day and my diary is open to my friends. Anyone else on here can feel free to add me as well :). I think you'll like this much better. My first recommendation is to change your goals to 40% carbs, 30% protein, and 30% fat in your goals.
  • jorayek
    jorayek Posts: 23
    Options
    I'm tempted to dump WW as well after seeing the barcode scanner for the MFP app, so much easier than trying to have to word prepackaged food correctly to track it. I was very up and down with WW, thinking I'll finally cancel my online subscript after 5 years!
  • mollz007
    mollz007 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    welcome to MFP! i agree ww is awesome and ive had success with it before, thought about doing it again, but if i can lose weight for free than why not! lol. sending you a friend request... i have quite a bit to lose as well!