Body Composition Results.

Options
heagler870
heagler870 Posts: 280 Member
When I first started this journey I went to a doctor and got on one of those fancy scales that supposedly measures your body fat percent, Fat mass, and fat free mass. I'm not sure how accurate they are but I'll go with it. They explained to me that Fat Mass is how many pounds of fat you have and that Fat Free Mass is how many pounds of muscle you have. When I first went to the doctor to get it done my starting weight was 315 pounds.

@ 315 pounds
Body Fat %: 54.9%
Fat Mass: 159.6 pounds
Fat Free Mass: 139.6 pounds

@234 pounds
Body Fat %: 44.9%
Fat Mass: 105.01 pounds
Fat Free Mass: 128.51 pounds

So if this is correct I now officially have more muscle than fat! That is exciting news to me! But I still have about 60 pounds of fat to lose! They calculated that my healthy range of weight could be anywhere from 160 - 190. I find that a little high but my original goal weight was 180 so I was already withing that calculated healthy range. I changed my goal weight to 150, so we shall see!

Replies

• karmaology
    Options
    Congratulations <3 And the best of luck to the rest of your journey!
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    Fat-free mass is not how much muscle you have - it's your body composition (bones, blood, water, muscle, etc.) minus fat mass. Congrats, nonetheless on your success and journey =P
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!