my go to low calorie meal when im craving something bad

Options
victoriannsays
victoriannsays Posts: 568 Member
I put a small layer of 99% lean ground turkey(already cooked) on a small plate. I smear a layer of newmans
Own cornand black bean salsa over it, then also add about a 1/4 cup of low fat mexican blend cheese over it
and throw it in the microwave for about a minute. Then i add 2 tbsp of light sour cream and some shredded lettuce..

Then grab a few tortilla chips and dig in! :) should be around 200-300. Depends upon the ingredients you use and how big yourservings are!

Replies

• californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    I put a small layer of 99% lean ground turkey(already cooked) on a small plate. I smear a layer of newmans
    Own cornand black bean salsa over it, then also add about a 1/4 cup of low fat mexican blend cheese over it
    and throw it in the microwave for about a minute. Then i add 2 tbsp of light sour cream and some shredded lettuce..

Then grab a few tortilla chips and dig in! :) should be around 200-300. Depends upon the ingredients you use and how big yourservings are!

Sounds satisfying. Love it!
  • sparklelioness
    sparklelioness Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • kaiteboo
    kaiteboo Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    you should try switching out the sour cream with plain greek yogurt! It has a very similar taste to sour cream, with 0 fat and tons of protein! I make baked nachos all the time and use it to replace the sour cream for dipping :)
  • mrskatie80
    mrskatie80 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    yep, second for the non-fat greek! I used it on my taco salad last night actually!
    Also blended low fat cottage cheese in place of cheese sauce.
  • victoriannsays
    victoriannsays Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Good ideas thank you!
  • Four_Leaf_Clover
    Four_Leaf_Clover Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Sounds delish!

My go to when I was single and didn't have to cook for anyone was a big bowl of steamed veggies topped with a nice spicy tomato sauce and a generous sprinkling of shaved Parmesan. I often eat meat sauce (lean ground turkey with tomato sauce) over veggies without the pasta now - or with just a small amount of high protein pasta - same flavors but less calories and carbs.
  • melonheadPHX
    Options
    Fage 0% Plain Greek Yogurt rocks. I think it tastes better than sour cream...

I throw a Fold-it or Trader Joe's mini-pitas in the toaster to substitute for tortilla chips.
    Sometimes I just use zucchini or cucumber slices when I'm really trying to cut back.