Insanity beginner

Options
2»

Replies

• deniselynn13
    deniselynn13 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Hey MFP,

I am on day 2 of Insanity and I am definitely NOT in shape. I have to stop a least 5 times through and today I couldn't push to the end so I missed the last 10 minutes of the workout. I know if I keep at it I will build muscle and be able to last longer but will I see drastic results like I have seen other peoples before/afters? I am at my heaviest weight of a whopping 176 lbs. :( I really would like to be at 120 by Spring Break '13..just some help needed. Thanks!!

From 176-120 by spring break, or 56 pounds.
    Estimating your spring break as March 9-16.
    From today that's 136 days away, or about 34 weeks.
    In order to meet your goal of 120 by spring break you would need to lose about 1.65 pounds a week.
    This is an achievable goal if you're determined.
    It will not happen overnight and Insanity alone won't do it.
    You need to pay close attention to your diet as well.
    I would suggest recalculating your diary to 2 pounds a week if you're not doing it already.

In short, if you follow a good diet plan (MFP, Sparkpeople) as well as doing all the workout days you will achieve your goal prior to spring break.

I know finishing these things are a pain to do. Just push as hard as you can for as long as you can. Getting into excellent shape isn't done by being super-ultra hardcore. They're done over time through a dedicated schedule. If you simply can't finish them without dying then just do your best and that's definitely good enough.

^^^^^^ THIS THIS THIS ^^^^^^

INSANITY ALONE WON'T GET YOU WHERE YOU NEED TO BE! Make sure you're eating clean and healthy!!! Also, make sure you don't make the mistake of undereating. You will need fuel to get through Insanity. I made that mistake when i first did it.

Good luck!!!!
  • markpmc
    markpmc Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    First akk gave you the same info I was going to post.

It's the nutrition!

My first round of Insanity was actually 90 days. I had to repeat the first month twice before moving on. I lost 45lbs (235 to 190) in 6 months. The trick really was eating high protein, low carb like the nutrition guide suggest.

I still do Insanity on my cardio days and often do the 20 min Fast & Furious DVD as a warmup for my regular circuit training.

Good luck, just push play and try to keep up. These programs are still quite challenging even after completing them.

Mark
  • FittingIn
    FittingIn Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    The best way to deal with Insanity is with a good therapist and prescribed medications. :-)

Other than that, take breaks when you really need them and just realize that you are tougher than the slacker who isn't even trying to do Insanity.
  • JediSwan
    JediSwan Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    I am on week 2 of Insanity and I take breaks here and there. I also wear an HRM so I know when I'm just lagging and need to push it further. Take breaks when you need it.

LOL at FittingIn. That was a great reply! :)
  • DenyseMarieL
    DenyseMarieL Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Insanity is hard! I had to take lots of breaks. I did it for 2 weeks in the Spring and plan on starting it up again right away. What's nice about it being so hard, is you have something to work up to. You'd lose interest pretty quick if it was easy.
  • craigpix2000
    Options
    just keep hitting play every day it will get easier ive got 4 days left then ive completed it but nutrition is key to this u will ache u will curse him but keep going anything u cant do alter so that you can as long as your not gunna risk injuring yourself

if a fat bloke from yorkshire with an arthritic ankle can complete this any 1 can :)
  • laddyboy
    laddyboy Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    If you follow the nutrition plan you will see great results.
  • CMHamilton5104
    Options
    So how do you log Insanity Workouts in MFP? Not seeing it come up in the exercise database
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    So how do you log Insanity Workouts in MFP? Not seeing it come up in the exercise database

Get an HRM if you don't already have one, it really helps. Then I just type in "Insanity DVD" where you can add your own exercises.
  • Elena_K75
    Elena_K75 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I started insanity on the 23rd... finishing on the 24th of December... It is going to be my present to myself :) It is so nice to see that there are a lot of people who will be sweating with me... As far as breaks... well i had to take tons, but i hope these will decrease as time goes by...

Be strong guys, and sweat off that fat... :)
  • JediSwan
    Options
    If anyone wants to add me, they can. I am only on week 2 but I will do my best to support you and I am always looking for others who will kick me in the butt when I need it :)
  • brushe
    brushe Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I completed the program in July. Month 2 is definitely harder than month 1. I actually didn't lose any weight and gained about 6lbs, but my results were good. I leaned out. Lost a bit of muscle because it really isn't a muscle building program as much as it is a muscle endurance and cardio program. The key is to keep working through it, take the breaks you need and stick with it. Some have said that it's going through the second round of the 60 day challenge where you see the greatest results. I only went through once, but I plan to go through it again. I"m currently on day 2 of the "Asylum"
  • Heavyd2g
    Heavyd2g Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    The hardest day for me was day 3, my muscles were aching all over. I'm now on week 3 and I feel much more comfortable through the routines with no aching the day after. Keep at it, you'll be fine and you'll see results pretty quickly.
  • JediSwan
    Options
    I completed the program in July. Month 2 is definitely harder than month 1. I actually didn't lose any weight and gained about 6lbs, but my results were good. I leaned out. Lost a bit of muscle because it really isn't a muscle building program as much as it is a muscle endurance and cardio program. The key is to keep working through it, take the breaks you need and stick with it. Some have said that it's going through the second round of the 60 day challenge where you see the greatest results. I only went through once, but I plan to go through it again. I"m currently on day 2 of the "Asylum"

How do you like Asylum so far? I'm scare to think of what that includes as I am only on week 2 of the first Insanity. :)
  • Luci_Green_Eyes
    Luci_Green_Eyes Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I ordered Insanity today so am looking forward to (scared of) it arriving tomorrow!! Eeeeeeek, will be tough, but nothing worth having comes easy! :-)
  • kimboj41
    kimboj41 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I actually have Insanity Fast & Furious which is just 20 minutes and I took a lot of breaks....I like the fact that Shaun T actually take breaks too. I have to admit that I stopped but I am going to start back as soon as I get my new custom made sports bra....he incorporates a lot of jumping and my ta ta's are unruly, lol
  • kimboj41
    kimboj41 Posts: 26 Member
    Options

I would consider it to also be either calisthenics (vigorous) in MFP.....
  • SocWkrBee
    SocWkrBee Posts: 374
    Options
    I do Day 4 tonight. I started before and quit. This time around I am really liking the program, so I plan on continuing. I really hope to lose some inches and a few pounds!

I have to stop a lot! It is just par for the course. I have no shame, LOL! Good luck everyone. I think the most important thing that we can do is pick something and stick with it. Consistency is key! Insanity, P90X, Jillian, the gym, the road, no matter. Just keep going!
  • Drea89
    Drea89 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    For the past 6 weeks I have been doing a boot camp competition that ended yesterday. Once I really got into the swing of things (about halfway through) I realized that I would need something to keep me going after the challenge was over. So I chose Insanity. Now dont get me wrong, my bootcamps are HARD but Insanity is CRAZY!

I have been doing it on days I dont go to boot camp and I love it. Cant wait to start full force. Which is next Monday! Oct 29th. I'm too excited and I take my bootcamps as "training" for Insanity.

Please add me as a friend! I would love to take this journey with someone. My sister is going to do P90X. I wanna lean out first and then build muscle, so we may switch.

I'm thinking about doing month 1 twice to really prepare myself for month 2. That thing scares me (Ive watched all the videos) I guess I'll see how i feel once month 1 is over.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!