halloween costume help!

Options
knightreader
knightreader Posts: 813 Member
help me. party this saturday. my wife and i had a costume, but it fell thru and we think sucks. its a party at my best friend's house, all adults, and everyone takes it pretty serious. not afraid to buy something, but pretty handy too. has to be functional. have to be able to sit, walk thru doorways, stuff like that. please help!

Replies

• brittyxx
    brittyxx Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Fisherman and mermaid?
  • HurricaneElaine
    HurricaneElaine Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    The Pope and a pregnant nun. :bigsmile:
  • amez1974
    amez1974 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I just dressed up like a boxer a few days ago--wore some gym clothes and used make up I had at home to make some seriously cool looking bruises, a busted lip and wore my boxing gloves. I found instructions for the make up techniques online.

I had considered wearing a nice dress, and making a Miss America Sash--wearing a crown and carrying flowers. That might work for your wife?
  • knightreader
    Options
    a few years back at a different party we were prom king and queen. we don't think that is dressed up enough. as for the mermaid, i had suggested that, as i love to fish. wife thinks too cold for minimal clothing as we will likely be outside. thanks for the suggestions. anyone else?
  • jcdoodle1
    jcdoodle1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Here are some I've run across that i thought were pretty good:
    Shrek & Fiona
    Thing 1 & Thing 2
    Barbie and Ken (in boxes)
    Smurfs
    Pair of boobs
    One guy wore a cardboard box with things glued to the top, drew drawers on the front and wore a lampshade on his head. Had it written on the front "One Night Stand"

All kinds of silly stuff out there.
  • chm2616
    chm2616 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I'm going as a 20s Flapper Girl and my hubby is going to be a jail bird!! LOL he should have known not to drink---derrrr!!!! :bigsmile:
  • chm2616
    chm2616 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I'm going as a 20s Flapper Girl and my hubby is going to be a jail bird!! LOL he should have known not to drink---derrrr!!!! :bigsmile:

oops forgot to add--- his costume was inexpensive....20$: pants, shirt, cap and sticker for the front of the shirt (prisoner #) lol
  • knightreader
    Options
    my wife keeps suggesting the pair of boobs. we, along with everyone else i am sure, saw it on the internet. i am not convinced yet! anyone else?
  • JayAlexander
    JayAlexander Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Have your wife wear a bathrobe and curlers and look surprised and you wear a suit and carry balloons, flowers and a giant check! Publisher's Clearinghouse winner!
  • knightreader
    Options
    think i might just have to settle on something. waiting for it to just "hit me" but doesn't seem like it is going to happen. thanks for all the suggestions. one last ditch effort...