Last 10 lbs

TamaraRR
TamaraRR Posts: 93 Member
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
Hey everyone

Im having such a hard time getting rid of the last 10lbs, well 6 lbs.
Does anyone have any advice for getting those last few lbs off.
I eat about 1400 calories a day, and work out 6 days a week for at least 40 minutes
They just wont budge

Thanks

Replies

• kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,493 Member
    I have always heard that is the hardest weight to lose.... I'm far from that point right now, so I don't have any suggestions really...
    I would only say, mix up what you are doing... try upping your workouts or changing them up a bit.... Good luck and congrats on being so close to your goal!!!!
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    I found I really had to keep my body guessing. I have stuck strictly to my calorie goal each day and mix up my workout intensity each day. It takes time. I have been working on my last 10 since August. So don't give up. If you need to put your calories to maintenance for a bit and take a break, then start back on it. I did that in November and it helped a lot.

Good Luck.
  • TamaraRR
    Thanks so much!
  • bakergirl62
    bakergirl62 Posts: 248 Member
    I'm only losing 1 pound every three months or so. Don't give up, we will eventually get there, just slower.
  • jrobertson37
    jrobertson37 Posts: 90 Member
    I am in the exact same boat as you!!! I have been 169 since November but i have lost inches (yea!!!). I cannot remember the guys name on this website that provides very good information but he posted an article i read where he talks about stages and i remember him saying the last stage, which is where we are is the hardest and you basically have to be prepared for guerilla warfare. He states that your body might be comfortable where it is but you want to lose more. Im sorry to say this but your going to have to up the anty!!! Girl i workout so hard you would think im in training to be part of the navy seals. My goal is to burn no less than 3500 cals a week just exercising and anything else i do is xtra. So some weeks i may end up with over 4000+ cals burned. I do 3 days of straight cardio and 2 days strength training. I have to take 2 days off because my body, mind and spirit are so tired. Im giving my self six weeks and this is week 2.

You have to learn to stay one step ahead of your body and be willing to take it to levels you did not think you could do. Of course the more you exercise the more you need to eat.
  • mlove1307
    mlove1307 Posts: 151
    I tried for what felt like FOREVER to try to get to my exact goal weight of 155 lbs. After a lot of frustration and small ups and downs I finally settled on being in the range of 155-165 with my usual weight being 160. I am still on this site because I am up to 170 and I am hopeful to get down to "goal".. but If I don't.. It just makes me feel a lot more sane knowing 160 is okay too. :] Either way I look HOT. :] Especially compared to what I used to weigh.
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    I don't have a lot to loose so it's taking forever. It took me almost 3 months to lose 5 pounds which SUCKS. I get so jealous when I hear people on here saying they lost 5 pounds in a week.
  • TamaraRR
    It just sucks , i feel like im working harder then i did last year to get down to my goal weight. thanks everyone for the ideas and its nice to know im not the only one that is finding it impossible to get rid of the last few lbs.
  • ambercole
    ambercole Posts: 426
    LOL I never lose that "last 10 lbs" be cause when I do I just want to lose 10 more so the cycle starts over again. Why is it that we as women are never happy? I couldn't tell you how many times i've told myself just 5 more lbs, just 5 more lbs.:sad:
  • leggi002
    leggi002 Posts: 28 Member
    I was 20 lbs from my goal in August. Slowly lost 10 more from August until the end of December - 4 months. Really different from my first 40 lbs which I lost in 8 months.

So, now I have my last 10 to go - the scale's been pretty much the same for the past month. From what I have read, this will be the hardest, especially at my height of 5'1". My BMR for my goal weight is only 1035 calories! Thank god for exercise so I can actually eat a little more!

I think it will take alot of diligence - and maybe even won't happen but I am really happy with how I look now so am coming to peace with this.
This discussion has been closed.