Shirataki noodles

Options
Does anyone know where you can buy these? What stores carry them, also in what section of the store?

Replies

• Shays0518
    Shays0518 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I know that Whole Foods carries them but also my local grocery carries them in the organic section of the fresh produce.
  • horseplaypen
    horseplaypen Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I don't know where you live, but I just bought some tonight from Metro, our regional chain grocery store. I've seen them at Asian supermarkets too. It was in the general tofu section. I can't wait to try them!!
  • Shays0518
    Shays0518 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    BTW...I'm not a fan of these but my sister loves them. Make sure you rinse them REALLLLLY well because they have a funky fishy smell to them. Pat them dry them well with a paper towel before you use them.
  • Rynoman2k3
    Rynoman2k3 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I've tried finding these noodles myself without any luck.
  • kellyirisheyes
    kellyirisheyes Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    they are usually in the refrigerated section near the produce or vegan products.
    I know whole foods has them, as well as stop and shop or shaw's or publix.
    or you can order them online.
  • MirandaVsWorld
    Options
    I buy them at Cub Foods....
  • ilikepandasyay
    ilikepandasyay Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Under my desk at work? Seriously I bought a ton from www.miraclenoodle.com and the only variety of it I like is the rice.
  • tommygirl15
    tommygirl15 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    I looked everywhere for these and couldn't find them in any store. Then, today at the supermarket a block from my house, there they are sitting in the tofu section...
  • AliceNov2011
    AliceNov2011 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I LOOOOOVE shirataki noodles! In Atlanta, I get them at Whole Foods or Kroger.

You can certainly get them online: http://www.shiratakinoodles.net/

Rinse, drain, and throw them in whatever pan or sauce you're using for your protein and vegetables so they can soak up the flavor, or add a little toasted sesame oil, ponzu, or whatever floats your boat.

40 calories for 8 oz versus 200 for "real" pasta? What in the world could possibly go wrong????
  • abfit4life
    abfit4life Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Wegman's has a great selection.
  • livestrong65
    livestrong65 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I live in BC Canada, bought a package at Safeway. Haven't tried it yet.
  • tyraskanks_
    Options
    I got them at Meijer once near the fresh tofu stuffs.
  • TArnold2012
    TArnold2012 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    I have been looking for them also when I stumbled across this blog post. I thought it may be helpful

http://shirataki.blogspot.com/
  • cgfol1
    cgfol1 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    In Australia, they are sold under the name Slim Pasta. They make Angel Hair, Spaghetti, Fettuccine and Noodles. I just had some for lunch. They are very tasteless so make sure you are pairing them with something tasty
  • kimcalica
    kimcalica Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    you can get them on amazon.com
  • angee1126
    angee1126 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I knew someone who ordered them online from Amazon.com.
  • saudade108
    Options
    What's the deal with these? This is not the first mention of these I've seen in the last few days, never heard of them.
  • lncgurley
    lncgurley Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    What's the deal with these? This is not the first mention of these I've seen in the last few days, never heard of them.

They are used in alot of recipes for Hungry Girl.

I found mine in the produce section, over by the salad dressings and refrigerated egg roll wraps at Kroger
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options
    Safeway also has them. I bought some, took one taste, and tossed 'em. Spaghetti squash is my new friend when I need noodles.
  • amydee714
    amydee714 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I love them for making Asian noodles (agree with making sure you rinse them well), but for me they are just not tasty for "spaghetti". I also get mine from Whole Foods though not in the refrigerated section