What is the greatest bargain you've ever gotten?

Options
OddballExtreme
OddballExtreme Posts: 296 Member
Okay, here's a question for everybody who's watching his/her budget in this economy. Have you gotten seriously lucky at a store when you find a pair of $75.00 shoes for under $10? How about a $78 dress for $3.99?

It's happened to me on several occasions.

About two years ago, I found a wireless Guitar Hero guitar at Wal-Mart. The original price was $60.00. It was on the clearance rack for $10. When the cashier rung it up, however, it was $3.00! Amazingly, it works very well in my PS2!

Just a few days ago, I went to the mall and found a couple of pretty dresses at Sears. One of them was from the Kardashian collection. The original price was $78.00. I got that dress for $3.99! I found another dress that was originally $60.00 and got that one for $7.99.

The best bargain came at the Shoe Dept. store. I wanted to get some good athletic shoes without spending so much money. I come across a pair of Fila shoes on the clearance rack. The original price was $75.00. The sale price was $34.99. On the clearance rack, it was $16.97. The cashier rings it up...$7.97! Those shoes fit perfectly and are definitely the BEST shoes I've ever worn on my feet!

I've lost a lot of weight since January, and it's nice to know I can get a whole new wardrobe without breaking the bank!

Now it's your turn. Have you found some crazy steals of deals?

Replies

• vice350z
    vice350z Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    back in '98. Vanilla Ice - To The Extreme CD....99 cents at the used CD store.
  • raggyanndoll
    Options
    Evening gown $6 at a thrift store. I have worn that thing to death. I do musical theater and have lots of occasions to wear nice dresses.
  • cloud2011
    cloud2011 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Vintage lined cashmere coat in perfect condition. $7.
  • love22step
    love22step Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    My husband! :blushing:

Other than that, the majority of my nicer clothes have always come from thrift stores or garage sales. My daughter always had designer jeans, thanks to the thrift stores. You just have to look for bargains in the right place (and get lucky).
  • Marie294
    Marie294 Posts: 304
    Options
    Once I found a Authentic 1960's Gucci Purse in the thrift store for $5. Only $5!!

My best find to date :)
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Many years ago (probably a decade) there was some kind of mistake on the HP website. You could add their highest-end laptop to your cart and it would only be $400 or so in the cart, even though it said it was $2500 or so.

Even stranger, if you added accessories, it would subtract $1 from the price. Any accessory, no matter what it was or what the cost was, it would take away $1 from the cost. So I added everything. Extra batteries, memory, drives, carrying case, printer, power supplies, you name it. Every option that was available. Total came to $350 or so.

To my surprise they never cancelled the order. It shipped and I got it. Approximately $4500 worth of equipment for $350. Don't think that will ever be surpassed. Nowadays they have too many checks and balances on the online ordering. This was more in the earlier days.