Unsure about routine, please help?

Well, I've recently (two weeks ago) started a new exercise/ nutrition routine, but I'm not sure if it's good or not. I do cardio burn yoga in the morning (30 mins), and that's moderately intense (gets me a bit puffed out and my muscles burn a little). I do 60 reps of sit ups, push ups (on knees), lunges (back, front and side), squats, calf raises (single leg) and 100 star jumps. I also don't eat after 7 pm, and drink a minimum of 2 L of water. I play tennis two/three times a week too. My calorie intake is usually under 1200. Is this enough to lose weight? (By the way, I currently weigh around 67 (don't have a scale at home, fail))

Replies

• ubermensch13
    ubermensch13 Posts: 824 Member
    Why don't you eat after 7pm? if you are hungry after 7, eat. Second, eat more than 1200, especially if you are exercising. Your routine sounds fine, as long as you can keep it up. To lose weight in the long term it is calories in v calories burned=weight loss, so as long as that formula is being followed, you will lose weight over time. My recommendation is to eat more than 1200 calories if you are working out as much as you say...
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    If your calorie deficit is too large, it will slow down your weight loss and could potentially cause other problems in the long-term. In the short term, you'll be fine, but it's better to eat at a moderate deficit (500ish calories) than at a massive one. And if you are only 19 and you're exercising, I have a hard time believing that 1200 is an appropriate calorie goal. A 19 year old will burn much more than that even if you only lay in bed watching TV all day.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Its enough to lose weight and get to that number you want on the scale, but not enough to get the body you think youll have at that weight.
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Your profile says you're doing the Dukan Diet. My advice is to stop doing that and do something that's more reasonable.