going way over fat content with healthy foods

Options
hello,

I am going way over my fat content daily while eating healthy foods. Not sure what to do. Here is what i pretty much eat daily.

1 cage free egg from wholefoods - 40 grams fat
1 egg white
1/4 cup unsalted whole almonds - 15 grams fat
3 dates
1 avocado - 29 grams fat
2 tbsp of raw cocoa powder - 4 grams fat

My goal is 54 grams of fat daily. I am 5'8 and weight 165 lbs. I do p90x/insanity and log runs. I consume 8 glasses of water daily.

Replies

• drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    If you want less fat in your diet you have to limit your intake of the higher fat foods

Also 40 grams of fat for 1 egg does not sound correct
  • dmb2002man
    Options
    If you want less fat in your diet you have to limit your intake of the higher fat foods

Also 40 grams of fat for 1 egg does not sound correct

I eat these types of food for calorie intake. Im pretty much a raw person so hard to hit my cal limit. I ran 7 miles yesterday at a 9 minute pace and still went over fat intake. I just checked the wholefoods egg package and it shows 40 for fat content. They are the medium size eggs and not the small.

*i didnt think healthy fats really count towards fat intake
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    1 egg has 40 g of fat? is the egg bigger than your head? if not, then no way
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    fat don't make you fat.
  • dmb2002man
    Options
    1 egg has 40 g of fat? is the egg bigger than your head? if not, then no way

its 4.5g fat
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    I just checked wholefood eggs here on the database. 5g per egg.
  • Dave198lbs
    Options
    most eggs are about 7 g each, for large
  • dmb2002man
    Options
    There is no way i can reach my 2200 cal limit without eating these foods and being raw. Raw food = healthy but no cals hardly.
  • Dave198lbs
    Options
    There is no way i can reach my 2200 cal limit without eating these foods and being raw. Raw food = healthy but no cals hardly.

don't eat raw eggs. that is dmb
  • dmb2002man
    Options
    I just checked wholefood eggs here on the database. 5g per egg.

Prev Wednesday October 24, 2012 Next
    Breakfast Calorie Carbs Fat Protein Sodium Fiber
    whole foods cage free brown eggs - eggs, 1 egg 70 1 40 6 65 0
  • dmb2002man
    Options

don't eat raw eggs. that is dmb

i cook them on stove but at a very low temp. Just enough when the white forms.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    The database is user generated - it is FULL of errors! Double check on another website if you like, or google fat content of eggs.

I tried the databse again with the description you gave, and it still gives me 3 different entries, all of which have about 5g fat per egg. Are you sure you're looking at the right column? Can you make your diary public?