Striiv app

Options
Hey everyone, i am totally addicted to this new iphone app Striiv. It's a pedometer with a whole load of other fun activities like a little game that you earn coins with through exercise etc. It has some problems in the beginning a few days ago but it works perfectly now. It also links your calories burned to your mfp diary...genius!

Can anyone who is using it add me so that i can see how I compare to other users details. That would be great!

jodiekane01@gmail.com

Thanks!

Replies

• karibj2010
    karibj2010 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I love my Striiv app also, as addicting as MFP. I'd be happy to add you :smile:
  • AmyP619
    AmyP619 Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    I will have to download this! Thank you!
  • karibj2010
    karibj2010 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I love my Striiv app also, as addicting as MFP. I'd be happy to add you :smile:

If I could figure out how to add you...

you could add me (karibjostad@hotmail.com)
  • donna_do_good
    Options
    Hi ya,

I added you Jodie,

anyone else can add me too, its

donnamm28@gmail.com.

I love striiv
  • BrieLP
    BrieLP Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I wish i had this app........ i really want it, but i don't have an iphone........ lame.
  • JaceyMarieS
    JaceyMarieS Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    This couldn't be more timely as I just lost my fitbit today and was pouting :-( Just downloaded the app and won two challenges. I'd love to add some people if I can figure out how to! please add me if you'd like - kozy@verizon.net
  • Chewster001
    Chewster001 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I just got it - but THERE'S A BIG PROBLEM...
    At least for me there is - when you link to MFP, the Striiv app adjusts whatever exercise you already logged and doesn't simply add it's calories burned as a separate item. This really diminishes your calorie allowance.
    Otherwise, I'm totally obsessed as well.
    I unlinked my app and just enter the calories on my own now.

PS: I checked the Help section of MFP, and under technical there's a message addressing the issue:

"There is a known issue with Striiv's MyFitnessPal integration that prevents the integration from successfully accounting for manually logged exercises in your MyFitnessPal Exercise Diary. If you are integrating with Striiv, logging additional exercises at MyFitnessPal will result in a Striiv Calorie Adjustment that removes the additional calories from your Diary. We are working with Striiv on this aspect of the integration, and will update this FAQ article when the issue is resolved.

Continue to log food as you normally would at MyFitnessPal."
  • jodiekane01
    jodiekane01 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, thanks for all the comments. I would love to add all of you but at the moment Striiv have told me that you can only add facebook friends in the app. They are working on this so that you can do it by email etc :)

Thanks!

Jodie. x
  • kazza2cats
    kazza2cats Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Added this App a few days ago. Love it!
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    Have you seen the new STRIIV Play. It's a pedometer which links to the app.
  • SVPQR
    SVPQR Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Love the ap feel free to add me should they ever sort it out!
  • calmac0305
    Options
    I just downloaded striiv today and its a really cool app but I'm concerned its giving me an inaccurate calories burned reading. I used it today at work (office job with a lot of up and downs) and it said I burned 751 calories with 4557 steps. Has anyone else gotten readings like that? Also, it may matter that I currently weigh 237 pounds.
  • jaz050465
    Options
    I don't think phone pedometers are ever that accurate. The seperate STRIIV devices are probably better.
  • Kellylynnhaynes
    Kellylynnhaynes Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I just downloaded striiv today and its a really cool app but I'm concerned its giving me an inaccurate calories burned reading. I used it today at work (office job with a lot of up and downs) and it said I burned 751 calories with 4557 steps. Has anyone else gotten readings like that? Also, it may matter that I currently weigh 237 pounds.

I just downloaded the app as well & walking from my the other side of my school cafeteria to my office (which is right across the hall) it said I took 61 steps. There's no way I believe that.
  • rsm1972
    rsm1972 Posts: 283
    Options
    Can anyone tell me more about the striiv app?
  • jaz050465
    Options
    It's free. You can use it by itself, using your phone as the pedometer but not sure how accurate it is this way. You can also buy STRIIV Play device which links to it if you have iPhone 4S or 5 or new ipad. I think this is more accurate.

The app allows you to play the game on it- you need to walk to gain energy to build an Island. It also does social networking stuff.

The original STRIIV device is self contained and much bigger. It also allows you to give to charity and do a race game.

There are demos on YouTube and more info on their website.
  • HardLocker
    HardLocker Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Can anyone tell me more about the striiv app?

let me google that for you
    http://www.striiv.com/
  • rsm1972
    rsm1972 Posts: 283
    Options
    It's free. You can use it by itself, using your phone as the pedometer but not sure how accurate it is this way. You can also buy STRIIV Play device which links to it if you have iPhone 4S or 5 or new ipad. I think this is more accurate.

The app allows you to play the game on it- you need to walk to gain energy to build an Island. It also does social networking stuff.

The original STRIIV device is self contained and much bigger. It also allows you to give to charity and do a race game.

There are demos on YouTube and more info on their website.

thank you for the information I have the Iphone 4S
  • sunnshhiine
    sunnshhiine Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    I just downloaded this the other day. btw, if your email address was posted in this thread, I took the liberty of adding you on Striiv! :) see you all there!

feel free to add me: heather.vires@gmail.com :flowerforyou:
  • Kellylynnhaynes
    Kellylynnhaynes Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Here's my email too

kellylynnhaynes@gmail.com