Your favorite low fat snack

Options
2»

Replies

• MyFamilyRox15
    MyFamilyRox15 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    ...except for the sodium... in a pinch, which is where I was yesterday, dill pickles.
    . They saved me from totally ruining my low calorie intake plan at that moment! :wink:
  • HonestOmnivore
    HonestOmnivore Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    Only 130 CALORIES!!!:heart:
    1/2 cup 2% cottage cheese, 1/2 cup pumpkin (canned), 1 packet splenda, dash cinnamon! Mix together and you get a full cup of filling delicious pumpkin pie flavor. It feels healthy but in a GREAT way so you can eat it after a work out. You get calcium, protein, fiber - all the good stuff you want with very little of what you don't!
    :heart:

Small green apples - they last at room temp - they're only about 50 calories! Don't cut them up, eat them whole because it takes more effort and a little longer. I eat an apple on my way to lunch or dinner and it puts nice bulk in my stomach and the slow release of sugar as it's digested doesn't give you any kind of sugar buzz.

1 piece of quality chocolate (:heart: Ghirardelli:heart: ) extra dark, 1 TB of peanut butter. This one you have to savor - eat it slowwwwwly and the fat from the peanut butter will take care of your grumble belly -the chocolate will just make you happy! NOT LOW CAL but it's a great snack and worth it!

:heart: Hard boiled eggs :heart: - they last a long time in the refrigerator and they're just 70 calories! The protein is awesome and the yolk gives you enough fat to keep you happy for awhile! They help you last between meals and give you energy.
  • Hopey1994
    Hopey1994 Posts: 307
    Options
    Almonds are good. I found some at Trader Joe's that are coated in sesame seeds...YUMMY!!
    And my new love? Almond butter...by itself, on a banana, or on bread...so good!
    I also like slices of skim mozarella
    And though some don't like them, I love rice cakes. Especially the apple cinnamon ones! And only 50 calories.
  • cmw72
    cmw72 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    28g of Tortilla Chips & 1-2 servings of salsa.

Carmen's Tortilla chips are the lowest calorie tortilla chips I've found so far, at 120 cal / 28g.

If I just want a quick fix, some croutons do the trick.

A hard boiled egg is also nice ...

Oh ... and the Orville Redenbacher 94% fat free kettle corn is good too, and only 15 calories for a whole cup.
  • leesapeesa
    Options
    half naked popcorn
    hummus w/ crackers
    cottage cheese- love low fat w/ chives and onions
    jell-o pudding cups w. 2 tablespoons cool whip free
    trail mix(nuts and chocolate is my fav)
    yogurt
    TLC fruit and grain bars
    cocoa almonds
    cinnamon brown sugar almonds
    string cheese
    green grapes
  • augustbells
    Options
    100 calorie pack of dark chocolate raisins, kit kat, aero, etc.
    100 calorie pack of white cheddar popcorn or chips
    Any sort of fruit (especially grapes or an apple)
    Handful of trail mix
    Raw veggies with low fat dip
    Drinkable yogurt (I like Yop best)
    Fibre snack bar (my fav is Quaker Fibre Plus Dark Chocolate Almond or Chocolate Peanut Butter)
  • kammy92
    kammy92 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    roasted red pepper hummas and celery! I had it for the first time today and it was great!

Roasted red pepper hummus is awesome!!!! I LOVE it!!!!:)
  • mlove1307
    mlove1307 Posts: 151
    Options
    Pretzel sticks!!!!

Or any other pretzel.. :]

Low Fat popcorn - the 100 calorie kinds by PopSecret or Orville Red...(I don't know the rest of the name! ahah)

Veggies and Hummus (altho the hummus calories are usually half from fat if you get the kind made with olive oil, its good fat)

Apples. Pears. Bananas. Any fruit.. and of course any veggie.
  • kgrutch
    kgrutch Posts: 223
    Options
    dont be scared to use real food for snacks, i will often have 1/2 cup chili for a snack or egg whites on a whole grain pita, even steel cut oatmeal with berries. sometimes if i eat cracker type snacks it doesnt fill me up and i keep eating so i would rather a filling item and then i am done. good luck.