Replies

• PJ64
    PJ64 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    I eat the "Kind" snack bars
  • kd_mazur
    kd_mazur Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Purchase a small insulated lunch bag with an ice pack. I bring lunch/snacks every day to work this way. I have lots of cottage cheese, cut up apples, pears, bananas, and applesauce this way:)
  • RobinME
    RobinME Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Grapes are a great idea, but try them frozen. It's like ice cream, mmmmmmmmm! :tongue:
  • kellyallday
    kellyallday Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    100 calorie popcorn, flavored tuna packs
  • Cindy873
    Cindy873 Posts: 1,165
    Options
    I bring an insulated lunch bag with a cold pack in it for things like yogurt or Babybel cheese.
  • shelbyfrootcake
    shelbyfrootcake Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    Today I have a banana and about a millions calories of assorted Indian sweets because the counter set up in my local supermarket for Diwali was too much temptation for me to resist yesterday evening.
  • TahliaHarveysMummy
    Options
    Fruit.
    Snack a Jacks.
    Mini oatcakes.
    Graze boxes.
    Veg crisps.

I love Graze!! Got one of their "Cookies & Cream" in my drawer at moment :smile:
    Agree with all above though - chocolate snack-a-jacks are gorgeous!
  • Alisha_countrymama
    Alisha_countrymama Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    I'm weird, but I like my cheese are room temp. So I snack on cheese, and mini dill pickles. Can you pack a little cooler with a ice pack in it?
  • newcs
    newcs Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I use an insulated lunchbag and put some cold/frozen items in which keeps everything cold. I eat the perishables in the morning typically and then non perishables in the afternoon. Some of my favorites:

Coconut chia pudding
    Yogurt with frozen fruit (keeps the yogurt cold til I'm ready to eat it and by then the fruit is defrosted)
    Cut up fruit
    Cut up veggies
    String cheese
    Laughing cow wedge or peanut butter or almond butter with toasted wheat bread, wasa crackers, english muffin, etc
    Air popped popcorn
    Almonds

Feel free to check out my diary...I'm a BIG snacker most days
  • mountaincat4
    Options
    How about a tiny icepack in a little plastic bag so you can bring along a chunk of cheese or container of yogurt. Get some protein and calcium.

Lots of vegies do just fine without being cold. Carrots, cauliflower, broccoli. Fruits like apples, bananas, oranges. A handful of pretzels and a handful of vegies taste good together.
  • hkulbacki
    hkulbacki Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    the almonds are good, but do get old after awhile. How about walnuts, cashews, raisins, golden raisins... mixed together or when you finish a container of one, swap it out for another on the list
  • seamatt
    seamatt Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I weigh out 30 grams of Macadamia nuts and put them in a bag. Not the lowest cals but very tasty and I believe pretty good for you.
  • tessiscruisen
    tessiscruisen Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I bring a small insulated cooler everyday that includes everything for

Breakfast
    Morning Snack (mozzerella cheese stick - low fat)
    Lunch
    Afternoon Snack (peanut butter & half a whole wheat sandwich thin
    Beverages (usually a low-sodium V8 & water bottle)

I keep snack size apple sauce, cinnamon (vitamins that I open), peanut butter and a small container of oatmeal at my desk.
  • HypersonicFitNess
    HypersonicFitNess Posts: 1,219 Member
    Options
    I take an insulated lunch bag and you can buy the re-freezable blue ice packs.

I take my breakfast, lunch and two snacks...some of my snacks:

*** All snacks are 75-120 calories

1 cup strawberries (halved) + 1 low fat mozzarella string cheese

1/2 large celery stalk + 1/2 small apple + 1 oz 2% cheddar cheese

1 oz low sodium sliced turkey breast + 1/2 oz 2% shredded cheddar cheese + 2 lettuce leaves (red leaf or green leaf lettuce works best) + 1 TBSP light salad dressing (split the turkey and cheese evenly onto the two lettuce leaves, drizzle w/ dressing & roll up)

2 Celery stalks + 1 1/2 oz low sodium sliced ham (I use canadian bacon) + 1 1/2 tsp low fat cream cheese

1 oz sliced roast beef + 2 tsp low fat mayo + 2 tomato slices + 1 flat bread (I use WASA)

1/2 cup low fat plain or sugar free yogurt + 1 TBSP sliced almonds + 1 TBSP Wheat Germ (I sometimes sub with flax seed)

1/4 cup 2% cottage cheese + 1/2 cup fruit cocktail in its own juice + 8 unsalted roasted peanuts

1/4 cup 2% cottage cheese + 1/3 cup red or green grapes + 1 TBSP sliced almonds

1 1/2 oz sliced roast beef + 1/2 mini (4 inch) pita pocked + 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard + 5 Whole Almonds

1/4 cup of low fat, plain or sugar free yogurt + 1/4 cup fresh berries + 4 whole almonds

1/2 oz low sodium, baked tortilla chips + 1 1/4 oz low fat, low sodium shredded cheddar cheese + 2 spanish stuffed olives

10 baby carrots + 1 TBSP hummus (any flavor) + 1 oz low fat, low sodium shredded cheddar cheese (sometimes I skip the cheese and just do 2 TBSP of hummus)

1/4 cup 2% cottage cheese + 8 baby carrots + 2 Tomato slices + 6 spanish stuffed olives

1/4 cup 2% cottage cheese + 2/3 cup melon + 1 TBSP sliced almonds
  • MelisMusing
    MelisMusing Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Get one of those little insulated cooler lunch bags, they work great when there isn't a fridge handy.

My go to snacks: tuna, boiled eggs, cheese sticks, veggies with hummus, deli roll ups (turkey with a slice of cheese) avocado, or a chocolate protein shake if I want something sweet.
  • skinnynerd
    Options
    invest in ice packs so you can bring cold foods. the investment is worth it.
  • lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    Fruit - I mix it up a lot so I don't get bored.

Carrots and celery with low-fat humous (or home-made)

Seafood sticks

Zuchinni tots

One of my more recent favourites is toasted chickpeas! Wash them, remove the skins and roll them around in a bit of oil (I use the cooking spray - much lower in cals) then roast them for about 20 mins (make sure they don't burn). When they come out sprinkle salt and whatever seasoning you like (I prefer cajun) and then I eat them cold the next day. They are lovely and low in cals :)
  • yannuzzi
    Options
    Does anyone have suggestions for some at work snacks? I don't have a refrigerator and the never ending box/can of almonds is getting a little bit old. Anyone else have some good healthy snack ideas?

G
  • yannuzzi
    Options
    sorry for posting error......I have a thermal lunch box. I bring greek yogurt and small banana for breakfast, mid morning snack of 3 five inch celery stalks with four pepper hummus (2 tbsp), lunch is liveactive yogurt and no sugar added fruit cup and a small pack of baby carrots, afternoon snack is large gala apple and string cheese stick. Dinner, at home, after bootcamp is a smoothie and I always have enough calories for a yummo snack/dessert afterwards later in the eve. Enjoy!!!
  • gypsyrose64
    gypsyrose64 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I keep some Fiber One 90 cal chewy bars in my desk for when the carb cravings hit me. Also like my fruit, nuts, yogurt, jello, etc.