Can you believe it?

lostbird
lostbird Posts: 1
edited September 20 in Introduce Yourself
Hi! I have never dieted a day in my life not to say I didn't need to. On Dec. 1st, I moved into my own apt. This is the first time I have ever lived alone and I'm loving it. I can go and do what I want and I can eat what I want and when I want. I have lost 20 lbs in the last 2 months!! I didn't even exercise! I think it's great! Others around me are concerned about me loosing too much to fast. All I did was change what I was eating. I'm eating a lot more healthier now. Lots of fruit & veges, yogert, 1% milk, wheat bread or grain bread etc. No cookies, no greasy food, no chips, etc. I don't even have sugar or salt in the cupboards. I eat a little bit throughout the day so I don't ever get really hungry and I don't get really full. I never really paid attention of how much or how often. So I joined to help me keep track. What do you think? Too much too Fast? lostbird

Replies

• karleen
    karleen Posts: 260
    20 pounds in two months is ok, especially since you just started. you should def add exercise in there as well and your results willbe even better and youll be healthier
  • Cristina33
    Cristina33 Posts: 2 Member
    It averages out to 2.5 lbs a week which I think is okay, and God knows Ive done enough diets. Be proud of yourself! It sounds like you are just eating better, not starving yourself. Best of luck to you!!!!
  • hmssrm
    hmssrm Posts: 2
    I'm with you lostbird. I started my diet on Nov 15th and have lost a total of 37.8lbs. All I did was change what I ate and when I ate it. No more late night snacking and no more fast food. I just started to exercise a couple of weeks ago and am feeling way better already. My friends and family were worried about me losing so fast too, but I reassured them and explained what I was doing and how I was going about doing it. I get calls all the time now from family members and friends asking me exactly what it is that I am doing so they can start too. I've been "big" for the last decade and decided enough was enough. 43lbs. to go!
  • Sounds like you are doing it the right way. That's basically what I've been doing since January 1st. I added some cardio and am lifting weights about three times a week. But I'm not killing myself with a workout or starving to lose weight. Way to go! Keep it up!
  • You are doing great! Keep up the great attitude along with eating right! Fabulous....
This discussion has been closed.