Is this a new craze I just don't know about?

Options
There's this young guy at my gym (maybe early 20s) who dances on the stair climber. He's spinning around, running sideways, jumping, going backwards, etc. He's listening to headphones and has an iPad, so maybe he's playing DDR or something? It's really distracting to see out of my periphery, and very loud landing on the steps too. Has anyone else seen this? Is it like a thing people do, or is this just one odd, very confident guy? (I'm sure it's a great workout, but sheesh.)

Replies

• bokodasu
    bokodasu Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    I have never seen this, but now I really want to.
  • kenazfehu
    kenazfehu Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    That might be rather interesting to watch.

After working out on the elliptical or arc for a few weeks, I will have trouble keeping my heart rate up. So I add in arm movements (ceiling punches, etc). I never thought that others might find it distracting.

What I find distracting are machines that squeal but people keep right on using them. Ack! Something is wrong! Get off!
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    Get your cellphone out and take a video.
  • parys1
    parys1 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options

This
  • Emma422
    Emma422 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    hahahah:laugh: i would love to see that for about half a minute .any longer and i might be tempted to push this individual off the his dance floor if you catch my drift
  • Owsla135
    Owsla135 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure what this guy is up to, but when I hurt my back a few years ago my physical therapist had me walk backwards on the treadmill.

I would like to see this form of extreme stair climbing though! :laugh:
  • RandomMiranda
    Options
    I don't think ceiling punches would be distracting. Or if they are, at least it's something that one can justify doing on the machine and may even give others ideas to keep their workouts challenging. I give this guy props for not caring what people think and just doing his thing, but at the same time, does he have to do his thing so loudly and during the busiest hour
  • guardian419
    guardian419 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    He's my hero :)
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    I'll be watching for the video on Ridiculousness.
  • NyimaR
    NyimaR Posts: 108 Member
    Options
  • Erienneb
    Erienneb Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    People at my gym who are really in shape do weird things on the stair climbers to hit different muscle groups, I think. No one does it fast but I see people go sideways, backwards, all sorts of things to make sure they are doing what they need for their legs.
    I would fall off if I tried haha
  • nklunk
    nklunk Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    So agree we need to see this!!
  • Blessedbythebest1
    Blessedbythebest1 Posts: 971 Member
    Options

THIS!!! LOL
  • sandiki
    sandiki Posts: 454
    Options
    sounds like dude has mad skillz
  • 126siany
    126siany Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    Maybe he's the choreographer for OK Go!

Remember the treadmill video? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTAAsCNK7RA
  • ashlielinn
    Options
    There was a lady at my gym last night running sideways on the treadmill!!! I was wondering the same thing!
  • FullOfWin
    FullOfWin Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options

This

plz
  • loopingcaterpillar
    loopingcaterpillar Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    i read somewhere that some people do ballet workouts on treadmills..... never witnessed it though.