kgasser Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    seems like a lot of haters out there, just saying

i think positive energy is a whole lot more productive

True story!
  • sara_f
    sara_f Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Stay AWAY from Alli!!!! I cannot stress that enough. What happens in the bathroom is the nastiest thing youll ever experience!! (not even just in the bathroom) I dont mean to be gross, but I actually got sick from the outcome just because it was nasty! I even cut out alot of fat, but couldnt cut out enough I guess!! I really like and see results with Hydroxycut Advanced. Do one pill once or twice a day until you get used to them, because you will get some side effects, but it works!!
  • DEBDOUGLAS
    Options
    Ok guys I have to get in on this one. I was on alli for the first bottle and I have to say NO i did not stay in the bathroom and YES I did loose weight. You can not go over 15 grams of fat in a meal, but if you are watching what you eat 15 grams is alot. You need to drink lots of water and make sure you take it with every meal. I did not have any of the problems or side effects but everyone is different. Not everyones body is the same. And no it does not curb your appetite. I wish it did, would make dieting alot eaiser. LOL. I will have to say it got me on the right track and now I know what I can and cannot have and I am on my own now. Good luck with what ever you decide. I wish everyone all the best of luck!!!!!!
  • Buzzkitty1
    Options
    I don't think offering a different opinion, particularly one that is focusing on the importance of good health is "hating". I'm all about positive energy, too. But if someone came on here saying they are using laxatives and diuretics as a "great" weight loss tool that works for them. . . . well, I'm afraid I'm going to have to disagree with that! It's not being hateful. It's being truthful.

Isn't everyone entitled to their opinion, even one that might not agree with yours?
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,570 Member
    Options
    I guess I look at Alli, appetite suppressants, weight-loss surgery, etc., all as things that make our bodies, which typically work perfectly already, and alter them (break them, so to speak) so that they don't perform the way they're supposed to. It makes more sense, in my mind, to treat our bodies with respect and give them the tools they need so they can do their jobs properly. It may not be the easiest path, especially if it's so different from what someone is used to doing, but I believe it's the right one.
  • CaGinger
    CaGinger Posts: 180 Member
    Options

Two people disagreeing with your advice is hardly hating. I dont know you enough to hate you.

I think I stated my opinion (which was asked) and it disagreed with yours. Also I think Ive done so in a respectful way. So sorry you disagree.
  • leavinglasvegas
    Options

Two people disagreeing with your advice is hardly hating. I dont know you enough to hate you.

I think I stated my opinion (which was asked) and it disagreed with yours. Also I think Ive done so in a respectful way. So sorry you disagree.

Well said.

And I now politely back out of this thread. Have a wonderful day.
  • Jessica68
    Jessica68 Posts: 2,419 Member
    Options
    I TRIED BOTH:

Slim Quick (2yrs ago) made my stomach ache badly, so I stopped and never finished the bottle. No wonder you don't eat..you have a bad stomach ache to even want to eat! dumb idea.

Ali pill (Oct 09) actually got me where I am today...it also had a web site where you join teams and you encourage one another to live a healthier lifestyle. And those that ate healthier had no leakage ONLY if you eat TOO MUCH FAT did that become a possibility. And if you knew you were going out to dinner and was going to eat unhealthily like maybe some fried foods etc you just wouldn't take that pill for that meal, and it would help eliminate that problem.

I never had a problem. Those pills got me started on using a food diary and it taught me to WATCH what I eat and to eat healthier and the weight began to come off slowly. BUT I finished that one and only bottle of pills and really never could afford another one. I just continued on this new lifestyle of healthy eating and eventually I found MFP where I have continued to do well with eating healthy & exercising.

And I would not recommend the ALI pills if you are here now you are exactly where you need to be. I am still losing weight and haven't taken those pills since November. I only took them for about 30 days. So its been 3months off of them and I'm probably losing EVEN more weight now than before because enough time has passed that its becoming a "habit" to eat better and exercise.

Just watch what you eat, use a food diary so you really keep track and you learn what different foods do to your body and how you feel etc. You really learn a lot about your body & foods. And find an exercise program that fits into your life. And the weight will come off if you stay under your calories, eating the right foods...clean foods and you are exercising of some kind. Results will happen.
  • Caralyn
    Caralyn Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Here are my thoughts on ANY diet aid, whether it be liquid or pill form....any diet aid instructions that I've ever read say it is to be used in conjunction with diet and exercise. To me this is a no-brainer. Take away the liquid or pill and just do the diet and exercise and you still lose weight. So why not do it without these expensive, potentially dangerous diet aids?

Caralyn
  • Jessica68
    Jessica68 Posts: 2,419 Member
    Options
    OH WAIT! maybe it wasnt slim quick I had..sorry about that. Now it think it was that dark blue bottle with a black top on it. That one made my stomach hurt. sorry about that.
  • kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,648 Member
    Options
    Wow... interesting how this thread became so debatable... Regardless ... I think that this offered MANY pros and cons for both products from people who actually have taken them... Thank you to everyone for sharing your experience!!!
  • schonkreuz
    schonkreuz Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I started Alli a week ago and love it, as long as you follow a low fate diet there are NO leaky butts. As odd as it is I kinda like that there is a crazy thing that happens if you mess up the diet...kinda movtivation if you ask me. Eat right or suffer from a leaky but XD. I have lost 5 lbs this week, I am aware this is because I have a lot of weight to lose but it is still nice to think about. I would totally recommened Alli as long as you know that you can eat right.
  • Kittany
    Kittany Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Carolyn- You are my hero. This is what I have been stressing!
  • polyesterchesters
    polyesterchesters Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I have taken alli for 3 weeks. Here is the thing, I have had no issues at all (in the bathroom) BUT...... I think with a 1200 calorie diet boosted to about 1700 with work out, I am eating about 1600 calories a day. Now, saying that, taking alli is not allowing my body to absorb that intake hence sending my body into starvation mode.

When I was first on it, I lost, but in the past week, I have gained 3 pounds, and I think it is because of alli. I am no longer going to take it and see what happens.