Getting ready!!!

Options
Thos saturday I am running my first 5k!!! It is not just a regular 5k. This 5k is an obstacle course and zombies will be chasing me and theres mud and apperantly a pool of fake blood. The 5k starts at 5 in the evening. My question is do i need to carb load the day before? I have heard some people say to carb load and of course drink plenty of water(duh). Is carb loading something i need to do? And how much is to much? Any thing else i need to do just tell me. :smile:

Replies

• xxthoroughbred
    xxthoroughbred Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    No. Carb loading isn't necessary for races this short.
  • Julettashane
    Julettashane Posts: 723 Member
    Options

ok thank you....i read a few things on questions about 5ks and they say carb load so i wasnt sure.....the 5k is in teams of 4ppl and its my husband and his 2 friends that are in the army they can easily do a 10min mile i can do a 13min mile lol but thats only the 1st mile.....i hear it gets congested near the obstacles so i wont have to worry about running full speed the whole time.
  • jessicayoung82
    jessicayoung82 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Is it the "Run for your lives"? So wanted to do it when it was here but didn't have anyone to run with me... But I did a different one without zombies and loved it. Have fun!!!
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options

ok thank you....i read a few things on questions about 5ks and they say carb load so i wasnt sure.....the 5k is in teams of 4ppl and its my husband and his 2 friends that are in the army they can easily do a 10min mile i can do a 13min mile lol but thats only the 1st mile.....i hear it gets congested near the obstacles so i wont have to worry about running full speed the whole time.

I've done obstacle races before - just concentrate on having a good time. The obstacles will give you a break from the running, so don't worry too much about pace. And I agree - carb loading isn't needed. Just have fun!
  • Julettashane
    Julettashane Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    Is it the "Run for your lives"? So wanted to do it when it was here but didn't have anyone to run with me... But I did a different one without zombies and loved it. Have fun!!!

its called Zombie Escape 5k its held by Johnny Longs training academy. i wanna say the the run for lives is in march