Day 2 post-op Tummy Tuck

artschoolgirl
artschoolgirl Posts: 598 Member
edited September 20 in Success Stories
Hello Everyone!
I figured I'd start a new thread with my progress. Well, I'm on day two since my surgery. i'm not in too much pain, but it is rather uncomfortable getting up & down because of the muscle repair. I'm getting ready to go in for a check up in about an hour with the doctor. The surgery went fine but recovery kicked my butt on the first night. I fainted about 4 times at the hospital each time they tried to get me up and going to go to the restroom, so they thought it would be best to hold me overnight. I'm happy that I got to stay because I think that would have been a lot of care from my boyfriend & overwhelming for a first night.

I should also mention that i'm on lots of medication now & that I'm not always coherent. I got a look at my tummy last night when my boyfriend helped me take a little sponge bath. Let's just say that this will not be anywhere close to my end results. I look like I have a giant butt on my stomach right now haha. I'm going to update my blog tonight with the gruesome picture....you've been warned.

You can see pictures & read more about the whole experience at http://tightertummy.blogspot.com/. I'll post a new entry tonight with the photos & doctors words.

Thanks again for everyone who has been sending me such kind words & encouragement. I think I really need it about now!!!

Replies

• vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Thank you for the update! Remember this is NOT how your tummy will always look, you have MAJOR swelling going on! Your doing great and I will be checking your blog later for another update! Keep the attitude!!!
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    4 - 6 weeks and you will see more of how you will look. The body takes time to heal after major surgery. Your stomach will not look like a giant butt in a few weeks. :laugh:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    After looking at your 'before' tummy pics, I am really interested to see your end results in a few weeks. Your first picture.... that is what my tummy looks like after my weight gain, weight losses, baby, c-section and other abdominal surgeries. This is making me think a tummy tuck may be in order for me later in life. (After another child/ren, should I choose to have more.)
  • HonestOmnivore
    HonestOmnivore Posts: 1,356 Member
    :flowerforyou: It's great to hear from you! I can't see your blog from work but I'll be checking it when I get home tonight! :drinker:

Take GOOD CARE of yourself!
  • Tamishumate
    Tamishumate Posts: 1,171 Member
    Glad your feeling ok. Looking forward to seeing your blog tonight!
  • oregonlady
    oregonlady Posts: 2,743 Member
    good 2 hear how u r now.
    thank you for sharing all this!

robin:heart:
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    can't wait to see pics!
  • Arienna
    Arienna Posts: 913
    Glad you're doing so good! Hope your check up went well :)
  • Can't wait to follow your blog when I get home, girl!
  • renae77
    renae77 Posts: 3,394 Member
    I can't wait to check out your blog and see your photos. I hope you heal up quickly and take care of yourself! I am sure you will look awesome!:flowerforyou:
  • 1Sweets
    1Sweets Posts: 395
    I'm so excited for you:smile: Can't wait to read your post! I'm sure you'll be up & around soon & looking HOT:heart::flowerforyou:
  • artschoolgirl
    New pictures are posted, but beware, they are a bit scary!! I just got back from the doctors office & he thinks there may be some blood trapped in all my swelling & i'll have to have a minor surgery to repair this on Sunday....fun.....

Anyways, I'll post more as the days go by! Thank you all for your support! It's a bit frustrating now having this pain & a butt for a stomach!!
  • Arienna
    Wow, saw your pics on your blog and it already looks amazing, can't even imagine how good you'll look once it heals and swelling goes down!!! I bet you are soo happy :)
  • artschoolgirl
    Thanks Arienna!! Putting the pictures up made me feel a bit better because I was seeing myself as a lot larger. I'm very excited to see the swelling go down & hopefully a lot of that will happen on Sunday when the doctor drains this trapped blood...gross haha

Thanks for your support!!!
  • meana717
    meana717 Posts: 261 Member
    I have to say... I'm so impressed. Even with the swelling... you look AMAZING! Your blog/pictures have further pushed me to continue to persue my tummy tuck. I'm on the wait list for my clinic... so I don't know how long, but I was thinking of bailing out on it. I can't wait to see your end result... even in a week or two the swelling will go down immensely and i'm sure you will look even more amazing!

So glad you are doing well!
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    You are doing AWESOME!!! Rest is the key here and the non existant appetite is normal too (from the anesthesia)! Sleep when needed it helps with healing but you also need to move to keep the blood moving and not clotting anywhere! I am SOOOOO jacked for you and your boyfriend is for sure a KEEPER!!!!! Continue to bless us with your progress!! Happy Healing sweetie!
  • Arienna
    Thanks Arienna!! Putting the pictures up made me feel a bit better because I was seeing myself as a lot larger. I'm very excited to see the swelling go down & hopefully a lot of that will happen on Sunday when the doctor drains this trapped blood...gross haha

Thanks for your support!!!

Np! I am so jealous haha I can't wait to be where you are at, such an inspiration to us all! I hope you have a very speedy recovery!
  • sjcply
    sjcply Posts: 817 Member
    Hello Everyone!
    I figured I'd start a new thread with my progress. Well, I'm on day two since my surgery. i'm not in too much pain, but it is rather uncomfortable getting up & down because of the muscle repair. I'm getting ready to go in for a check up in about an hour with the doctor. The surgery went fine but recovery kicked my butt on the first night. I fainted about 4 times at the hospital each time they tried to get me up and going to go to the restroom, so they thought it would be best to hold me overnight. I'm happy that I got to stay because I think that would have been a lot of care from my boyfriend & overwhelming for a first night.

I should also mention that i'm on lots of medication now & that I'm not always coherent. I got a look at my tummy last night when my boyfriend helped me take a little sponge bath. Let's just say that this will not be anywhere close to my end results. I look like I have a giant butt on my stomach right now haha. I'm going to update my blog tonight with the gruesome picture....you've been warned.

You can see pictures & read more about the whole experience at http://tightertummy.blogspot.com/. I'll post a new entry tonight with the photos & doctors words.

Thanks again for everyone who has been sending me such kind words & encouragement. I think I really need it about now!!!

I also had a tummy tuck 1 year ago! I LOVE IT! I feel your pain, but it will be sooo worth it once you recover! Congrats!
  • meerkat88
    meerkat88 Posts: 18 Member
    Feel better soon!
  • oregonlady
    oregonlady Posts: 2,743 Member
    thank you for sharing your personal experiences in your blog.

i, and many other people, really admire you.
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!