All at goal and nearly there how do you keep the balance??

Options
Just having a little think about my feelings over the past year. I am coming to the end of my weightloss journey and hopefully tuning it into my way of life and keeping at my new healthy weight.

I have lost a huge amount and 68lbs of that is with the help of you all and weight watchers. I joined at the end of september 2011. I had already lost about 20lbs before I joined so we are talking 88lbs of me has dissapeared. I am very proud of my achievements but these last few pounds (9) I am so desperate to get off are driving me bananas.

I have lost my focus over the last weeks and gained and lost the same few pounds every week. feeling really disheartend that I havent reached my ultimate goal. Its making me think that the art of maintaining is going to be a problem for me and thats why I need MFP's more than ever. Its also since I havent been using the site I have been up and down like a yo yo... Whos at goal and how do you do it?? I know I need you all. I am so obsessed with the number on the scale. I know I will still look exactly the same as I do now lol...... Crazy eh!!

Im back and here to stay. I know I have a problem with allowing myself weekend treats and wine..... Its party of life I suppose.

Any advice would be fantastico.

xxx

Replies

• TimeWarp9
    Options
    Congrats on your loss! Awesome!

I made lifetime with WW almost 10 yrs ago. For the first few months following that, I continued to attend meetings and journal so I wouldn't lose the edge. During my loss, I developed much better eating habits and had learned the rules I still live by:

only eat when you're hungry;
    you don't have to eat it just because it's there;
    if you want a treat - have it - just don't eat the whole _____ (fill in the blank: box, bag, pie, carton, etc);
    if it doesn't taste good - don't eat it.

Over the last 10 yrs, occasionally I may slide back into some of my bad habits and put on a couple of pounds. When I do that I go straight back to jounaling/tracking and really paying attention to the basics. I don't want to weigh 210 lbs ever again!

It may take you awhile to determine what your best weight is and then learning what it takes to maintain it, but once you do you have it beat! Just remain vigilant - if you find you are starting to gain a bit get serious again. In your journey you have learned the tools, you have developed good habits, you KNOW what to do!
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    Think you need to not feel like you've been deprived all week as that leads to binging at the weekend. Consider an extra few hundred calories even if that means you have to do a 30 min workout. Working out beats cravings too...

Find healthier alternatives for the weekend treats... Vodka, soda water and lime for example is what I drink when I go out. If you have to have takeaway get chicken kebab, even double the chicken, but throw half the bread away! Go for tomato or chilli, sauce, not mayo... You can party without blowing everything... I know it's tough but if you want to do it most weekends your going to have to try really hard with it or even stop it for a month, then introduce at a sensible amount... May need some timeout.

With all the weight you've lost, your a tough. Cookie and I know you can get a grip on this. Logging 7 days a week is a good idea. Doesn't matter if it's all red, if it's all written down then you can look back and see what needs changing... Even if that means making your diary private because you don't like everyone seeing it. Always. Keeping yourself accountable really works. 1 bad day can screw up. So much good work... Got to, ask yourself... Is it worth it? Maybe try monthly or every other week...

I know you can figure this out sweetie... Don't get frustrated. Keep logging in and we will, support you and get you there. Jill / groomchick, is very good at the maintenance game... Get tips from her! Will really help you x