Any Gazelle (Elite) Users-I need battery changing help!!

Options
I recently took my Gazelle out of inactive status to use instead of freezing my touche off walking outside in the rain. This is not the lightest weight model, but the one that has a little more substantial frame and can carry more weight, but it is not the top of the line one.

It has a computer that will show distance, calories, time, etc. That unit is battery operated, and I can't find ANYTHING online that tells me how to get it open to replace the batteries!!! I googled, and found copies of owners manuals, but I can't find anything, even on a mfg'rs site, that says how to get that silly thing open. I also don't see any evidence of a sliding compartment in which to put batteries.

Can someone help? I hope so. Thanks!!!

Replies

• weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Posting again to put this up to top of recent topics.. SOMEONE out there must have the answer...:wink:
  • cindymichelle
    cindymichelle Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    My gazelle's battery is under the display. The plastic casing just snaps together over the metal bar. I had a harder time getting it back together than I did apart. I wish I could help more. Good luck.
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Mine fits the same way over the ,metal bar, but there are no marks to indicate where a person would squeeze or do whatever to get it open. Later models apparently have this, as my neighbor has a more recent version than I do.

Assuming yours is like mine, HOW did you manage to get it open? I have considered dynamite, :noway: but since I live in a condo, my neighbors might not appreciate that approach:laugh:
  • Sapientoni
    Options
    WHile there are little arrows that invite you to squeeze and lift the top off, you have to take two phillips head screws out, one on each end of the thing before the entire top lifts off. I just searched to find this info but had to forge ahead on my own.
  • MaryClark38
    Options
    Did you find any information. I want to replace the calorie counter an have not found a source for replacment.
  • deborahsaddler
    deborahsaddler Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, joining the post. I finally got the gazelle battery cover off and I changed the battery, now I can't seem to put the screw back in. Anyone else have this problem. I have the Gazelle Edge Ultra. Please let me know if you have any ideas. Thanks.
  • deborahsaddler
    Options
    I recently took my Gazelle out of inactive status to use instead of freezing my touche off walking outside in the rain. This is not the lightest weight model, but the one that has a little more substantial frame and can carry more weight, but it is not the top of the line one.

It has a computer that will show distance, calories, time, etc. That unit is battery operated, and I can't find ANYTHING online that tells me how to get it open to replace the batteries!!! I googled, and found copies of owners manuals, but I can't find anything, even on a mfg'rs site, that says how to get that silly thing open. I also don't see any evidence of a sliding compartment in which to put batteries.

Can someone help? I hope so. Thanks!!!

Hi, did you ever find out the info on replacing the battery and putting it all back.together?
  • deborahsaddler
    Options
    Follow up, I finally played arouned with this thing, going back & forth, back & forth. And I finally got batteries in, and screw back in. It looks good as new and ready to go. It seems that once you figure out how to get the batteries in, your next hurdle is closing the battery compartment back up. Okay you have to make sure the compartment is lined up, in the middle ( you'll know when the screw goes all the way in), where before there was a blockage. Once you find the hole on the metal rail that corresponds to the screw hole on the compartment, it will be easier to put the screw in, and you can start tightening up the screw to it's original place. You may have to try it a few times to make it work. Good luck.
  • 40ap05
    40ap05 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I changed the batteries but now it's not reading steps or distance correctly...
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Hopefully it hasn’t taken OP 9 years to change the batteries. 😱