Hello from a naive 18 year old :P

Options
Hi all
I'm Kerry and yes I'm a young 18 year old who is severly overweight.and trying to get a bit slimmer really so I can dance with my friends and not feel worn out after a few minutes.
I've actually lost 4lbs to date since I started my diet/excercise regeime on the 12th of January, but I didn't join my fitness pal till earlier this week. I am a bit disappointed with that as I've radically changed my crisps, cakes and TV lifestyle and I heard you were supposed to loose the most in the first week? I suppose slowly is better for your body anyway :)
I love this site! It's so simple to track my calories, I don't have to hunt for hours for how many calories are in food and I can add my own recipes! I've been making loads of red pepper and chicken noodle soups yum yum.

Erm I really don't know what to say, except maybe I'm 14 stone 5lbs at the moment, hoping to get down to 12stone 9lbs in 2 months when a certain someone comes back for thier university break haha but if I don't hit that target it's not going to make me depressed, I'll just keep trying till I'm happy.

OK, well wish me luck? And all the best of luck to you all as well ^_^

Replies

• angee10
    Options
    Hello Kerry, well done on losing the weight you have already lost! super super well done, sounds like you are doing great!

simple exercises like abdominals or even walking up stairs, or having a slow paced walk ie go and walk your dog or somebody elses dog (if you like dogs that is) and you can lose weight like that, main thing is whatever you eat dont eat it within the two hours you anticipate going to bed, and drink lots of fluids, i dont really like drinking plain water so i tend to drink volvic lemon water but if its plain i prefer evian or volvic.

il try and follow you and steer you on if i can! ive only been on myfitness pal for a week.

can i ask have you got an ipod touch or iphone? the reason i ask is you can download the myfitnesspal application free for ipod and iphone so if you arent by the pc but have wireless access (wifi) then you can still update your stuff on there directly

keep up the good work

ange x
  • kezerb
    kezerb Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Ooops re read what I put, I meant I've lost 4 pounds >.< I'll edit that in a second

I'm quite pleased with the weight loss when it was my brothers 16th birthday yesterday and Mother does such sweet sickly spreads :P

I don't own an ipod or iphone, I'm quite against apple products :\ I do have health coach for the DS but that doesn't have much food on there and doesnt do exact calories, it rounds it up or down to the nearest 50 :(

I am drinking lots of fluid, I'm a barmiad and have swapped the pump coke for water. I don't drink much water at home but diet lemonade since 20 cals for 2 litres ain't bad :P
  • onichikun
    onichikun Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    You can dooo it. ^^ Just don't overdue it. Make sure your life style changes aren't ones you can't do easily, otherwise your weight will come right back when you're not paying attention!
  • kezerb
    kezerb Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thank you :)
    I'm quite enjoying the changes to be honest. I never liked soup my mother made since it was so watery, but i decided since its so low in cals and good for you, I'll make my own (yay I love cooking) and its thicker than hers and tastes fantastic!!
    Also the exercise I've been doing has helped me get to work quicker and not so out of breath and sweaty :$ and I've not been lying in bed for hours thinking I need to sleep.

The only thing I'm finding hard is 3 out of 4 of my other family members are on diets too but mums got them on slimming world diets which I don't agree with, in my opinion there is no such thing as a 'free food' and mother keeps shouting at me 'THATS a healthy extra, THATS a syn' grr
  • angee10
    Options
    sounds like you are doing great, oh yes been on the barmaid trail before, drank far too much coke, i try and stay against it when working at the local footy club, tend to have a voddy and fresh orange if anything other than that i take my own volvic lemon water
  • mlove1307
    mlove1307 Posts: 151
    Options
    Hi Kerry!! Your story is exactly what mine was like three years ago when I was 18. I was sooo overweight!! But I was the one who went away to college and wanted to SHOCK everyone when I came back looking hotter than ever. For two years every time I visited home I looked better and better. Best motivation for me, ever. :] Good luck! Send me a msg any time. I've lost quite a lot of weight and lose pounds when I was your age soooo I've been there.

And I made it to the other side. :happy:
  • Manikchia
    Manikchia Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi Kerry, you don't sound naive at all! It seems you're on the right track with everything that you're doing. My weight has gone quite up and down as since I was about 14 or so, and I know about working in an environment where you have access to all kinds of things that are bad for your waistline. It's great that you love to cook; I do also. I've found that some recipe websites are wonderful for finding new healthy things because you may search for recipes by criteria (lowfat, vegetarian, high-fiber etc) and the recipes have the nutritional info calculated already. Recipezaar is a good one.

Best of luck to you and keep it up.