NSV I just officially put my type II diabetes in remission

Options
2»

Replies

• Yana150
    Yana150 Posts: 226
    Options
    I wish you continued good health! That really is a reason to be excited.
  • al369
    al369 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! Congrats!

I have a lot of diabetics in my family and I keep telling my mom if she lost weight she could put hers in remission. It's also a heavy dose of reality to help keep me from getting to that point.
  • fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    Options
    Awesome.

My niece developed gestational diabetes that resolve but that eventually became type 2 diabetes several years later. Her doctor put her on a low carb (<100g per day) high fat diet. Within 6 months she was no longer clinically diabetic.
    I was pre-diabetic and adopted a similar food plan. Everything is normal now.

Carb pushers work for the drug companies :bigsmile:
  • mom2BandD
    mom2BandD Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    What an awesome reward for eating healthier and losing weight. WTG!

And I know you have a few more milestones to break through but losing 34 lbs is nothing to sneeze at. Keep up the amazing work.
  • lgreen37
    lgreen37 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Congradulations!!!!!!!! That is truly an awesome testament! God bless you! Keep up the great work!
  • schas67
    Options
    That is awesome! And exactly where I need to be! Thanks for the words of encouragement :)
  • emcdonie
    emcdonie Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Thank you all so much for the sweet words and encouragement!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!