Alright, Opinion Needed! Which is WORSE?!

Options

Replies

• magj0y
    magj0y Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    White trash = poor

Slut = has a lot of sex

Which would you choose?

Actually.. white trash =/= poor. It's more about the ignorance, lack of manners, tact, and careless attitude.
  • BrownEyedGrrl
    Options
    why are either of those words gender specific? theyre both dumb things to say. sounds like an asinine conversation better post it on mfp

yup
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    White trash is worse. It implies stupid and uneducated. I don't care if someone thinks I'm a slut or not, but don't mistake me for stupid.

Edited to add: it seems many people mistake "white trash" for poor. I've been poor my entire life, I grew up on welfare and have chosen a career that does not pay well. I am the opposite of white trash. Just because I'm poor does not make me ignorant and uneducated.
  • wjewell
    wjewell Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    White trash.

Slut is so...eh. I was called that before I had even kissed a guy. People will call attractive women that simply because they're attractive and the person calling names is insecure..

White trash is far worse. I think of uneducated, nasty, not willing to work-stained up wife beater-with cut off shorts type of woman. I'd much rather be called a slut than white trash.

With that being said, I'm not a slut. But to some, the fact that I live with my boyfriend of three years and have premarital sex, they may say I am.
  • wjewell
    wjewell Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    White trash is worse. It implies stupid and uneducated. I don't care if someone thinks I'm a slut or not, but don't mistake me for stupid.

Edited to add: it seems many people mistake "white trash" for poor. I've been poor my entire life, I grew up on welfare and have chosen a career that does not pay well. I am the opposite of white trash. Just because I'm poor does not make me ignorant and uneducated.

It definitely does not make you white trash, ignorant, or uneducated. If you have chosen a career that doesn't pay well, i'd be willing to bet you are helping people. :)
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Neither, I'm not a slut nor white trash so it wouldn't bother me if someone called me that.

I agree. Neither one of those terms has any power over me, personally, because they do not describe me as a person. I think it would depend on the individual. Each person is going to have something they are sensitive about.
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Options

It definitely does not make you white trash, ignorant, or uneducated. If you have chosen a career that doesn't pay well, i'd be willing to bet you are helping people. :)
    It's actually animals that I help. :smile: But most of the "helper" careers do not pay well in general.
  • MarlaMcClanahan
    Options
    I thought this was going to be something like, "a bowl of cereal for three hundred calories or a scoop of ice cream for two hundred?", but since I am here, I will weigh in. Yes, they have different connotations, both of them demeaning and, if true, very bad. But the point is, we are all people in need of a Savior and much grace. If he is tempted to call someone either of those names, she obviously needs much grace and prayer, not his condescension or contempt. The Word of God tells us to malign (or speak evil of) no man, and that includes women. What Grandma said was right: if you can't say something nice about someone, don't say anything at all. Does the girl know he feels this way? Is she sending signals that are not really what she wants to say with her words, dress, and body language? I got on this site to count calories and not preach, but really, we all need Jesus. We just do: the guy, the girl, me...everybody. And to get in His Word and meet with His people and learn to please Him. Just sayin'.
  • ihateroses
    ihateroses Posts: 893 Member
    Options
    Since all of us are (should be) over 18 neither word should ever be used in a serious conversation....

....that is all.
  • farfoorah
    farfoorah Posts: 168
    Options
    Better a slut or white trash than a white trash slut.
  • Audiejude
    Options
    Slut has no power or creativity, it's a go to insult for any girl you disagree with or dislike. White trash is a bit better.
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    I don't know, I think slut has some power. I find girls that get called sluts are usually super hot and ain't afraid to flaunt it a little. And the jealous girls jump on that shiz
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Options
    I thought this was going to be something like, "a bowl of cereal for three hundred calories or a scoop of ice cream for two hundred?", but since I am here, I will weigh in. Yes, they have different connotations, both of them demeaning and, if true, very bad. But the point is, we are all people in need of a Savior and much grace. If he is tempted to call someone either of those names, she obviously needs much grace and prayer, not his condescension or contempt. The Word of God tells us to malign (or speak evil of) no man, and that includes women. What Grandma said was right: if you can't say something nice about someone, don't say anything at all. Does the girl know he feels this way? Is she sending signals that are not really what she wants to say with her words, dress, and body language? I got on this site to count calories and not preach, but really, we all need Jesus. We just do: the guy, the girl, me...everybody. And to get in His Word and meet with His people and learn to please Him. Just sayin'.
    Ummm.... Wow.
  • brevislux
    brevislux Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Slut is worse, I believe.
  • lalalalyndsey
    Options
    Personally being called a slut would hurt more... considering that I'm only half white and full slut. THE TRUTH HURTSSSSSS!!!

totally joking (for those creepers that are going to flood me with friend requests after proclaiming I'm a slut) :)
  • CristyMusicLovr
    CristyMusicLovr Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    If I were white I would not like to be called white trash. And they better not even say slut cause I'd punch them haah
  • lalalalyndsey
    Options

SAY WHAT?!?
  • slrose
    slrose Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    depends on the female...whichever one is closer to the truth
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Never mind--read the origins.

"Slut" is so sexist and ridiculous.

So I can't decide.
  • xabcdefgee
    xabcdefgee Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    They're both horrible. A lot of people are saying that since "slut" is overused that they'd go with "white trash". Just because it's overused doesn't mean it's okay. I think there are two ways the word slut is used - 1) between girls or anyone jokingly 2) someone is actually trying to insult someone (usually a woman) because they're sleeping around a lot for whatever reason. I think if you think about it in the sense of #2, it wouldn't be taken so lightly. Anyway, as a woman I wouldn't like to be called a slut and if I were white, I wouldn't like to be called white trash either. They both suck. & I feel like slut is almost always directed at women where as white trash could be male or female (although now that i think about it, it's usually to women too).

Ladies & Gents, my ramble of the day.