Glutamine

MissKalhan
MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
My coworker was getting ready to hit the gym and looks at me while preping her preworkout stuff and asks "do you take glutamine?"
Apparently its supposed to stop the stiff and soreness that is in your muscles after you've had a workout.
Now here is my question for you all, would you recomend taking it? Is there a point to taking it? I know they give it to people who've had a massive surgery to help speed the repair.
I'm skeptical about anything that I don't see a point in taking but willing to try something out if its worth while and I've researched it to death.

Replies

• Mr_Cape219
    Mr_Cape219 Posts: 1,345 Member
    I read stress balls are good for that.
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    The stiffness and soreness goes away and once you get in to your routine, it stays away.
    Feels good actually, in a sick sort of "hell yea I kicked *kitten*" sort of way.
  • Jxnsmma
    Jxnsmma Posts: 919 Member
    The place where i get my protein powder suggested BCAA's instead of glutamine. I drink Aminocore by Allmax Nutrition during and after my workout and I am not nearly as sore as I used to get.

I agree that feeling a little sore feels like "acheivement pain", but when you cant even lift your legs in the morning or your shoulders are screaming all day long, its too much.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    I have been adding it to my protein smoothies. I think it helps.