Does it matter WHEN i eat my calories?!

Options
I get very hungry late evening, is it ok to eat many calories at night and less during the day? Does it make a difference?

Replies

• frogmanjared
    Options
    It's better to eat most of your calories while your most active, for most people, breakfast and lunch. Its more easily said than done, but just cut your dinner portions down, and try to eat larger breakfasts and lunches. If you eat a lot of calories right before bed, you don't do anything with them and is a common cause of weight gain.
  • ccdo
    ccdo Posts: 217
    Options
    It's better to eat most of your calories while your most active, for most people, breakfast and lunch. Its more easily said than done, but just cut your dinner portions down, and try to eat larger breakfasts and lunches. If you eat a lot of calories right before bed, you don't do anything with them and is a common cause of weight gain.

i totally agree with him sayin that its quite true that u will gain weight if u consume high calories at night time when ur not active so like he said eat very small portions of food and low calorie food and make sure u have a high fibre meal once a day to fill u up for hours works wonders for me good luck :flowerforyou:
  • littlemissyme
    Options
    Everybody's body is different. I myself am a late night snacker. I try to eat healther snacks at night and it hasn't effected my weight lose any. As long as I exercise and I don't go over my calorie count for the day I'm fine. It's up to you.
  • lovemyboys27
    Options
    I usually exercise at night, and end up with extra calories to eat... So I snack! Sometimes a healthy snack, sometimes something bad. I'm still losing weight so it's working alright for me.
  • usafaimhigh
    Options
    Its more about what your body is used too. Check out this article it might heip you understand it better http://health.msn.com/weight-loss/articlepage.aspx?cp-documentid=100199674