SLIM FAST SHAKE

Options
I drank for breakfast a slim fast shake. I need something fast because I was on my way to work. I did not realize how high the sugar level was in it until I actually looked at it on mfp. A whopping 33g of sugar. Just when I think I am making a good choice is not such a good choice.

They should have a caution label on that container.

Replies

• angiechimpanzee
    angiechimpanzee Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Lol well duh, how else do you think they make it taste that way?

I mean 33g is a lot, but if you watch your sugar intake the rest of the day, it really isn't a big deal.
  • moreORless50
    moreORless50 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    yeah sugar is high but slimfast shakes are so handy when your in a hurry ,i always got some stored for those rushing about mornings :smile:
  • Nursestyle
    Nursestyle Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Yea i was concerned to with sugar content, but they are so convenient and taste great, the new 3-2-1 Plan contains 18g, which I think is a great improvement from 33g. I don't care, a lot of drinks taste terrible at least these do have a great taste and a variety of flavors, Instead of the SF boxed snacks, i am just doing fruit or veggies at home. I agree with angie, just watch your intake for the rest of day. Personally. I think it's a great way just to get started as a supplement to your diet. I generally stay awake from low-fat items too they have high carb and sugar contents I practice portion control and try to limit added sugar and high caloric items. Eat clean when possible, and enjoy a pepsi when I crave. I hope to cut soda out all to together at some point.

SF works good for me as I am slowly getting back into to a health and fitness regimen.:drinker:
  • fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    Options
    I use a cup of whole milk and a scoop of Cytosport Whey protein powder. Great for breakfast. Holds me well.
    11 of the 14 g of carbs is from the whole milk. So using a different milk lowers the carbs more.
  • Louiseisme
    Options
    I personally use the Carnation Instant Breakfast mix (Sugar Free) with Skim Milk - only take a minute to mix it up and can take on the go.
  • Shrinking_Stacey
    Options
    I buy the Premier Nutrition protein shakes from Costco. They are WAY better than Slim fast and only 1g of sugar. Good luck!
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    They should have a caution label on that container.

they do

some people call it the list of ingredients

get some almond milk and some protein powder and make your own

or just skip breakfast and save those calories for later
  • ripemango
    ripemango Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    if you are looking for something more natural, opt for a smoothie.

i load up by lil mixer the night before w light vanilla soy milk, frozen mango chunks, 1/2 banana, 1/2 peach, and 3 pieces of ice. I put it in the frig. all i have to do is whirr it for 30 secs in the morning and I am out the door.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I personally use the Carnation Instant Breakfast mix (Sugar Free) with Skim Milk - only take a minute to mix it up and can take on the go.

I mix my Carnation sugar free w/almond milk & coffee (I have a Keurig so whatever flavor I'm in the mood for) - Mocha on the run made in about a minute!