New!!!

tmgirlie
tmgirlie Posts: 3
edited September 20 in Introduce Yourself
Hi Everyone!
I'm so excited to say that I'm so happy to find this site :happy: It's helping me realize how I can get control of what I eat and take care of myself so that I can be healthier. And for a community that helps each other out!!!

I do have one question: how do you help motivate yourself when you're exercising to keep going even if you're tired and you want to stop?

Good luck to everyone!

Replies

• Hello tmgirlie,

Nice to have you here. To answer your question, I do several things that help me in the motivation department. First I write down a reasonable master plan with an ultimate and measurable final goal to shoot for. Then I make (and write down) timed goals that when added together will equal my final goal with benchmarks at regular intervals along the way to measure weather I am on schedule or not. The last thing is I tell at least three friends about what I am doing and ask them to check up on me at regular intervals.

This last item is a powerful one. I have a job that can keep me out for 18 hours at a stretch and I know all too well that feeling about wanting to quit due to fatigue. But...I also know that my friends are going to check in on me and I don't want to disappoint them, so I keep plugging away. Hope this helps.
  • sineadmm
    sineadmm Posts: 190
    welcome :) and good luck!
This discussion has been closed.