Spaghetti Squash & Garlic Bread YUM

Options
NeuroticVirgo
NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
Spaghetti squash with butter, garlic, Parmesan cheese and broccoli. Turned out so good and really hit the spot for pasta.

i-tP9MVWv-M.jpg

1 Cup serving
Calories: 192.........Carbs: 22.........Fiber: 1.........Fat: 9
.........Protein: 5.........Sugar:1.........Sodium: 264

Directions are on my blog w/ pics -
http://adventuresincookinglite.blogspot.com/2012/10/spaghetti-squash-with-garlic-and-butter.html

The toast is super easy. Its not great, but it hits the spot. Calories vary depending on your bread/cheese/butter. Mine were about 100 calories per toast.

1) Toast your bread in the toaster
2) Add 1/2 tsp of butter to each toast (Its actually a decent amount if you weigh the grams).
3) Top with garlic powder, onion powder, and Italian seasoning AND 1-2 tbsp of shredded cheese.
4) Place in oven under the broiler for a few minutes until cheese is bubbly.

i-bnHJrhc-M.jpg

Replies

• Dtho5159
    Dtho5159 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    That sounds AMAZING!!
  • TNAJackson
    TNAJackson Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    Awesome! How'd you make your spaghetti squash?? I tried once, failed. I hated it. But I used it as a spaghetti pasta substitute.
  • LaLouve_RK
    LaLouve_RK Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    I used to do this recipe with pasta and looking forward to try it on squash! I didnt thought of this yet! Thanks for reminding me I can practically do all I did with pasta but with squash!
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    Awesome! How'd you make your spaghetti squash?? I tried once, failed. I hated it. But I used it as a spaghetti pasta substitute.

I did the same thing using red sauce and didn't like it. I have more details on my blog, but an easy way to make the squash is like a baked potato. Poke about 10 holes in it, then microwave for 5 min per 1lb...stopping to flip once in the middle.