fun physical activities

Options
keem88
keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
Hey guys, I am a residential counselor for mental health services, and need some ideas to engage the clients in physical activity. Nothing too long or crazy, something maybe 15-20 minutes that would be fun for them (generally younger population in 20s and 30s). I was thinking something dance like, maybe the electric slide along with another activity ot two just to get them moving a little. any ideas? thanks!

Replies

• wyodawn
    wyodawn Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Hi there -
    here are some ideas off the top of my head:
    -teach them the choreography from Thriller (it's not too hard, I teach at a dance studio and we do this once a year. Most of the people who come to Thriller night are not dancers)

-Relay race - I've done the suitcase game at a party before where you have 1 person & a suitcase full of crazy thrift store clothes at one end (same # of articles of clothing for each team) - people run up, put one article of clothing on the person by the suitcase, run back & tag the next person. First team to get all the clothes on the person wins. The crazier the clothing, the better (polyester, wigs, crazy jewelry.)

-fitness circuit: can walk around the room for 1 minute, go to an exercise station for a minute. When I taught senior fitness, they loved the walking minute because it gave them a chance to talk. No equipment required, or you can do it with dumbbells, exercise balls, tubing, etc. Make a sign for each station that tells them what exercise to do.

-hula hooping and/or sock poi

that's all I can think of at the moment. I don't always remember to check back on these forums, so message me if you want.
  • avir8
    avir8 Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    It's fun and you can get out your frustrations
    or go to the batting cages and hit some balls
    dodgeball.jpg