Quick Chicken Cacciatore

Options
lisa811
lisa811 Posts: 363
This is from a Weight Watchers cookbook I have. It's even in the database here: Weight Watchers Quick Chicken Cacciatore. My husband's favorite meal of everything I cook. I've even made it for company...nobody had any idea it was "diet" food. :wink:

3 tbsp flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast (I cut into about 4 pieces, and pound to about 1/4" thick)
1 tbsp. olive oil
2 onions, chopped
2 garlic cloves, chopped
8-oz pkg of sliced mushrooms
1/2 cup dry red wine (I use whatever red wine I happen to have on hand)
14-1/2 oz. can stewed tomatoes

1. Mix flour, salt, and pepper on wax paper. Rinse chicken, but don't dry (added by me). Dredge chicken in flour mixture.
2. Heat oil in nonstick skillet, then add chicken. Cook until golden brown, about 4 mins each side. Transfer to a plate.
3. Add onions, garlic, and mushrooms to skillet. Saute until mushrooms soften. Add wine and cook, stirring, for a few minutes. Stir in tomatoes, then add chicken back to the skillet. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer until chicken is cooked through (about 8 minutes).

Nutritional info (some): Calories: 271; Total Fat: 7 g; Sat. Fat: 1 g; Protein: 28 g
(This dish is in the database and is correct, so you can look it up to see more nutritional info.)

Enjoy!

P.S. I serve with WW pasta. The sauce that is made with this is excellent over the pasta.

Replies

• leebee2001
    Options
    Hi Lisa, thanks for sharing the recipe, but most of all thanks for the quote, I will copy this to my facebook page..

Thinner you and me!
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    Sounds amazing...I picked up the ingredients already, so looks like this will be dinner one day this week.