Saving Exercise Calories For The Weekend

Options
A friend of mine said that she doesn't eat her exercise calories back after a workout. Instead, she saves them until the weekend, especially if she knows she's going to eat out. Has anyone else ever done this before and if so, did you gain any weight?

Replies

• vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    Most of us watch calorie daily but some do it weekly, in the end it's the same idea, as long as you are running an over all deficit. Some would go as far and swear as that way even being better due to the change up, I personally never tested it or had enough experimenting with it to tell you.
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    It would work, assuming the estimation of your exercise calories is correct. Given most of the calorie I see on here, that's a poor assumption to make.
  • pphrog
    pphrog Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Weight watchers works that way. You can save up your exercise points to use all on one day as long as it is within the same week.
  • avir8
    avir8 Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    If you don't overestimate those calories, I think that's a good idea in order to treat yourself without worry of going over in calories
  • babyangel6806
    babyangel6806 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    That is what I did last weekend because I had class all weekend and knew I was going to be eating out at least 2 out of the 3 days. I stayed within (or slightly under) my daily calories then actually went "Over" my daily calories by close to 1000 on Saturday, however at the end of the week I was still approx. 200 under my WEEKLY goal. As of today when I weighed in I had still lost 1lb (which is pretty good since I am at 1lb/week settings and today was my first workout since last Thurs).