Gluten Free

Options
Do Gluten free Products actually say Gluten free on them..for like cheese in the ingredients it does not say whether there is gluten there or not, but our jelly says gluten free. So how do I know? I am soo overwhelmed with this

Replies

• No they dont. Some products fo. some dont, some say they contain gluten.

I think it depends on the manufacturer. ou can get info online and bug supermarkets have gluten free ranges. I was looking for the stuff today.
  • amanda_ataraxia
    amanda_ataraxia Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Do you happen to live by a Wegmans? I love their products because it says on the front all of the allergens it does not contain (i.e. gluten, dairy, etc.).
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    You have to learn all the forms of gluten and then read, read, read labels. Usually things like just plain cheese are gluten free though.
  • MissJanet55
    MissJanet55 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I often see labels saying "gluten free" on things like chicken breasts that are naturally gluten free. It can be hidden in things like gelatin, though, so you need to learn to read labels. Watch out for things like "modified vegetable starch" which seems to contain gluten. When I went gluten free google became my best friend - there are many excellent websites that will help you.

Good luck! Going gluten free made a huge difference for me, if you have a sensitivity you will fee a difference very quickly.
  • HSingMomto7Kids
    HSingMomto7Kids Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Thanks!! I just found out that the local grocery store has some gluten free products. That part I find easy, but I more concerned about things I have at home like how do I know if my Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing or Hellmans Mayonaisse has gluten in it. I know wheat means gluten, but besides that I am totally clueless unless of course it says gluten free..
  • spngebobmyhero
    spngebobmyhero Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    check out the link below for a list of ingredients and foods that contain gluten

http://www.celiac.com/articles/182/1/Unsafe-Gluten-Free-Food-List-Unsafe-Ingredients/Page1.html
  • HSingMomto7Kids
    HSingMomto7Kids Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    check out the link below for a list of ingredients and foods that contain gluten

http://www.celiac.com/articles/182/1/Unsafe-Gluten-Free-Food-List-Unsafe-Ingredients/Page1.html

I wish I could put a LIKE, LIKE LOVE, LOVE, BUTTON!! Thanks Bunches!!! Means the world to me!! Thanks!!!
  • Babicam
    Babicam Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I have celiac disease...and to answer your question the best answer is yes and no. Some items that may appear to be GF may not have any gluten in them, but could be processed in a factory where gluten is processed. This contributes to cross contamination. To be labled Gluten Free it must be certified and have no cross contanimation.....so It depends on why you are looking for GF items. I hope this helps a little. I should be eating certified GF products, but I cheat sometimes, but pay for it later :)