Lunk Rant

Options
2»

Replies

• yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    the chicken legged guys are fodder for girls nights around the world for all time.

i love the labor argument for making noise when youre lifting, it helps, no matter what your sounds are like. Mine sound like mewing little efforts and im worried sometimes I might sound the same as I do in .. other situations. But it helps to not have to worry about the sounds.

I dont mind moving weight plates around, my arms need the exercise.
  • jefedesalto
    jefedesalto Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Great posts and I think I must have some *kitten* at my gym. I live in Miami so the Latino macho attitude is prevalent in my area. Overloaded joints are one thing. I guess dudes just over exaggerate it where I work out.

But to be fair, there is a dude who is 5'10" 250 lbs. He is a national qualifier to go pro. Nicest guy you could meet and very courteous.

So big muscles don't make a lunk. Attitude does.
  • kiachu
    kiachu Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Please come tell me to my face not to drop my barbell at the end of a deadlift PR. Please.

Lol. I make all kinds of noise when I DL. I try not to be obnoxious but sometimes the pulls are heavy. Hence why I don't go to a foofy gym like Planet Fitness. I don't want to get in trouble lol!!
  • LuluProteinFueled
    LuluProteinFueled Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Not gonna lie... I love making a little noise. I'm working hard *shrugs*
  • Mummyadams
    Mummyadams Posts: 1,125 Member
    Options
    The only grunting you will hear from me is at the end of a set - I try to grunt soflty though
  • kiachu
    kiachu Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    the chicken legged guys are fodder for girls nights around the world for all time.

i love the labor argument for making noise when youre lifting, it helps, no matter what your sounds are like. Mine sound like mewing little efforts and im worried sometimes I might sound the same as I do in .. other situations. But it helps to not have to worry about the sounds.

I dont mind moving weight plates around, my arms need the exercise.

Not sure if you ever listened to the sounds tennis players make when they hit the ball. Mind=in gutter.
  • LuluProteinFueled
    LuluProteinFueled Posts: 261 Member
    Options

I totally worry about this too but I figure people can just deal with it :laugh:
  • derekj222
    derekj222 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I was once on the pectoral fly and this guy with huge biceps wandered around aimlessly like he didn't know where he was for a solid 5 minutes...get your huge arms out of my face!

Also last Saturday this guy kept dropping a good 150+ that he using free weight lifting with or something...it was SO loud. Everyone kept staring at him, but no one (gym staff) said anything...really? ugh

And my favorite are the group get-togethers where 3 guys will use the same bench for 30 minutes while they talk 90% of the time.
  • FullOfWin
    FullOfWin Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    I was once on the pectoral fly and this guy with huge biceps wandered around aimlessly like he didn't know where he was for a solid 5 minutes...get your huge arms out of my face!

Also last Saturday this guy kept dropping a good 150+ that he using free weight lifting with or something...it was SO loud. Everyone kept staring at him, but no one (gym staff) said anything...really? ugh

And my favorite are the group get-togethers where 3 guys will use the same bench for 30 minutes while they talk 90% of the time.

People at even moderate strength levels have to rest a good bit between heavy sets of compound lifts. They may fill this 5+ minutes with wandering around. I usually sit for the first bit and then pace around or go get water or something.

When you do pulls from the floor (deadlifts, cleans, snatches, etc) you are not supposed to try to let the weight down slowly, so it is going to make some noise when it drops. It's a fcking gym. Deal with it.
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options

People at even moderate strength levels have to rest a good bit between heavy sets of compound lifts. They may fill this 5+ minutes with wandering around. I usually sit for the first bit and then pace around or go get water or something.

When you do pulls from the floor (deadlifts, cleans, snatches, etc) you are not supposed to try to let the weight down slowly, so it is going to make some noise when it drops. It's a fcking gym. Deal with it.

Oh noez, my delicate ears heard the sound of weight training equipment being used!
  • jstandfield
    jstandfield Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I thought the mirrors were for posing. Oh well!