looking for low carb snacks

Options
Even though I'm not on a low carb diet, I tend to run low on my carb allowance at the end of the day. The problem is, I usually haven't even eaten 1200 calories by that time, and need to have something else. Any suggestions?

Replies

• Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    I really like natural pb on celery with raisins. It's pretty low in carbs.
  • ileitch
    ileitch Posts: 99
    Options
    Olives. Pork rinds. Pepperoni. Eggs. Nuts. Lettuce. Good luck.
  • poustotah
    poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    I really like the matador beef jerky.
  • leavinglasvegas
    Options
    Look up South Beach diet recipes. They have a great assortment of yummy low carb snacks. Turkey wraps, lettuce wraps, soups, even sweets. The Mocha Ricotta is my fave. Its Ricotta cheese, cocoa powder, sweetner, and vanilla extract. Tastes like cheesecake with out the guilt!
  • ghostdivatonya
    ghostdivatonya Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Beef jerky is a good choice! It takes a while to eat as well, you are forced to enjoy it. Read the labels!

My fav snacks are Frizos light cheese sticks. Mozerella :) They are fun to eat, it takes a while if you string it and it's filling :)
  • emilyfh
    emilyfh Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    eat more protein, cheese sticks, meat salad, anything thats meat and vegetables, low to no carbs.
  • kevinkinney
    Options
    Chicken, as long as its not breaded. All meats really, but you say snacks so something simple like mixed nuts, vegetables, little beef jerky packs. Not sure how big of a fan you are about seafood, but shrimp is easy and low in carbs and high in protein. Plus you get your Omega-3s from seafood which is great. Also tuna! You can always have a bunch of these suggestions prepared in advance just cook in bulk and set aside little snack sized meal. ya know.
  • cocobean2010
    Options
    Hi there, Here are some great low carb snacks; for the sweet tooth lover (like me - grin)
    Honey Graham crackers 2 fairly big crackers are worth 130 cal
    Quaker - Sweet &Salty Almond 1 bar - 100 cal
    Crispy Dellghts various kinds, Caramel, chocolate, peanut butter - 90 calories a bag
    Get dried fruit in the bulk section of your grocery store (pineapple) is really good!!
    Baby carrots are only 35 calories for 100grams
    Kiwi, banana's - are under 100 calories each
    Weight watcher's popcorn - 100 calorie bag (very good popcorn I must say!!)
    Salsa is really good most don't go over 20 calories for a fair size serving! Dip it in some restaurante' chips, get the taste but not the cals!!

You said you usually don't eat 1200 calories in a day?? I'd really like to learn how to get there, as I'm always left feeling hungry at night and then I blow my calorie count, during the day I do GREAT it's the night time that kicks my butt! Okay, I just had to throw my 2cents in!! I sure would love to know how you do that on a regular basis!!! I hope you like some of my snack suggestions!
    Take Care!
  • cocobean2010
    Options
    I forgot to add that in my post, 8 prawn shrimps only cost ya 60 calories~ It's great, dip that with some salsa and you're still under 100 calories!!
  • kevinkinney
    Options
    Hey make sure the carbs that you are consuming are complex carbs not simple. Simple carbs are fast digesting and are easily stored as body fat! Most people don't know that sugar is a carb too, which is a simple carb so watch your sugar intake as well, gotta watch that sweet tooth. You can find tons of list of complex carbs on the internet as well as what simple carbs to stay away from. If you have sandwiches use 100% whole wheat bread ( complex carb), not white bread (simple carb).
  • ACarp24
    ACarp24 Posts: 90
    Options
    I think I eat fairly healthy, and try to balance my carbs protein and fat. You can look at my food diary if you want, its public and see what you think. My problem this week is probably that I bought a package of egg roll wraps and have been trying to use them up. Most of my sugars from the day are natural because I drink a smoothie with fresh fruit almost every day. Im well aware of simple and complex carbs, my dad is a certified personal trainer and he was on the atkins diet for quite some time, and he lent me the book and I read it...interesting stuff.
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    Hi

Didn't reall all responses, but just some ideas....
    Cheese sticks, eggs, nuts, low sodium lunchmeat, canned and albocore tunA

Kim