FitBit

Options
Just curious if anyone has a FitBit and if they have linked it with MFP??? Feedback please....

Replies

• jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    There are hundreds of threads in this- do a search. Note that the ultra has recently been replaced by the Zip and the One.
  • JenniferSpindel
    JenniferSpindel Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    To answer your question...

Yes, I have a fit bit and yes I have it linked with MFP. I love it... i'm a tad competitive so trying to "beat out my high score" is a little game I like to play (aka, beating my personal best in steps, active score, floors climbed, etc)

For me, it was well worth the 100 I paid for it... It helps me keep myself just a little more accountable throughout my day :)
  • anjoneill
    anjoneill Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I agree with Jenniferspind above.
  • ssalmfp
    ssalmfp Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I just got mine and I looooove it. The only problem is that it's so damned easy to lose. I lost mine in my room the other day when it fell off my waist and got clipped to a black piece of luggage that basically made it invisible. I flipped the **** out (though, it was 80% PMS crazy, and 20% love of the fitbit crazy).

Anyway, it's great because you become really mindful of how active you actually are. I get really annoyed when it's nearing the end of the day and I don't have 10,000 steps yet and I *know* that I have to go outside for a brisk 30 minute walk so I can get my steps in.

Also, I like that it adjusts your calories to your activity levels. I know a lot of people don't eat back their exercise calories, but I work out like 1.5 hours a day and that's rough on 1,200 calories. Obviously I'm not going to eat the 2,100 calories it says I can, but it's good to know I have some wiggle room to eat 1,400 calories some days instead (or even 1,800 calories when my friends break out the bottles of wine at dinner).