Am i active or lightly active? Opinions please..

Options
Ok for the sake of the calculator would you consider this an active or lightly active existence.

0630. Wake up
0700 Get breakfast started get kids up and ready for school, take dogs out.
0750. Take kids to their schools.
0830 MWF head to first client of the day (I walk dogs) TTU head to mall to mall walk.
0900-1300 I walk for 3 to 4 clients usually 20 to 30 minutes each plus drive time. Also grab lunch.
1330 pick up kid A from school
1400 pick up Kid B from schoo
1415 arrive home. Walk dogs, clean kitchen, be Mom.
1630 pick up dinner groceries
1700 start dinner
1830 watch tv or read with hubby, be Mom
2000 walk dogs, clean litter box
2100 exercise video or running
2200 shower/bed

I put this as lightly active because I didn't want to over calculate.

Thanks for your assistance everyone!

Replies

• crazybookworm
    crazybookworm Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    In my opinion, I would definitely say Active. Cleaning and Dog walking definitely counts as physically activity. PLUS you are also doing exercise videos..I think that is Active in my books!

Keep it up! :happy:
  • slindsey130
    slindsey130 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    ACTIVE.
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    i'd choose sedentary if i were you.

then go through your daily activity and count only the calories you burn walking the dogs and doing your 1 hour of evening cardio.

log those as exercise on MFP. you'll need to know how many minutes and how fast for walking the dogs.

that's the only way to not overestimate your TDEE.
  • withchaco
    withchaco Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    i'd choose sedentary if i were you.

then go through your daily activity and count only the calories you burn walking the dogs and doing your 1 hour of evening cardio.

log those as exercise on MFP. you'll need to know how many minutes and how fast for walking the dogs.

that's the only way to not overestimate your TDEE.
    Unfortunately, even if you do that, it's hard to avoid overestimating since MFP likes to overestimate exercise calories.

Personally, I would try going lightly active + eat burnt calories from evening cardio (I have a HRM), and switch to active + eat burnt calories if I feel weak and fatigued all the time.
  • AEFidgets
    AEFidgets Posts: 243
    Options
    I'd hardly call chasing after two boys sedentary. Sedentary to me is I didn't bother to shower, I walked to the sofa, to the fridge and then back to the sofa. But I wouldn't call it active either, so I've been going with lightly active and then computing the calories for my evening exercise and mall walks. The dog walking I don't count because it balances out my reading or tv time.