What's the best time of day to exercise?

Options
Hi all:smile: I have been working my butt off (or at least tryying too...haha) walking on the treadmill and doing Wii Yoga. I am wondering if anybody can tell me when it is best to exercise? I walk at 3 mph, varying inclines (up to 6%) for 60 minutes daily, usually in the morning. I have also started adding in 30 minutes of yoga. I am so burned out after that I am wondering if I am doing too much all at once. Is it more effective to split into two 30 minute workouts, morning and night? Is morning a good time, or would I burn more calories in the evening? I follow an under 1500 calorie plan, so I am really watching my carbs and fats. Any advice is greatly appreciated!:ohwell:

Replies

• lt_mrcook
    lt_mrcook Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    The best time of day to exercise is when you can. Granted, too close to bed time, and you may have trouble falling asleep.
    Do what works for your schedule, your body, your life, your sanity, and most of all your happiness. Don't make it such a chore that you want to quit because it is too hard. Stay focused on why you started, what you've accomplished so far, and most importantly your goals. Do that and have fun and everything will work itself out.
    Good luck and God Bless! :D
  • michlingle
    michlingle Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    I just finished running 4 miles outside, it's 9:30 pm here, i thought my gym was open until 10:30 on Fridays, turns out only until 9. So outside I went. It was a great run! I agree, anytime is a great time to exercise!
  • jclguru
    jclguru Posts: 123
    Options
    I think the best time is whatever agrees with your body. I workout about 2 hours a day...one hour in the morning and
    one hour in the late afternoon.

Doug
  • SylvieJacques
    SylvieJacques Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Follow what work best for you. For my perspective, I also do the WII yoga in the morning and I find that it's a great way to start the day. I have also a WII Pilates that I also do once in a while. Having said that, I'm not able to go to the gym in the morning as I'm a single mom of a 6 yrs old, so I hit the gym early evening once in a while. I agree that I tend to feel all energized after the workout and have sometime to calm down before being able to sleep.. so follow your body and what works for you. The important is not how much you do but to enjoy it and make it a part of your life that works for you.

If you feel too tired, have you tried to split your workout a bit so your body can rest in between or to alternate days ?