The word "bowel" has no place in the Food Database

I'm not nagging or whining. I'm not even one of those people who bang on about others who use "their/they're/there" incorrectly (although I do inwardly wince). However, for the sake of who use the database to log food..... I am begging, pleading and IMPLORING: please, when you enter foods in the database, make sure you spell the items correctly to make it easier on the rest of us. If you're not a great speller and/or in a hurry...then just opt out of adding it to the database for public use.

I don't care who did this (although I'm sure someone's high school English teacher is rolling in his or her grave). It's not necessary to run spell-check but...[throws hands up helplessly] how can so many words be misspelled, one of which is "bowl". If it was just one word misspelled, I wouldn't even be posting this.

NO.png

I don't know about anyone else, but there oughtn't to be any mention of "bowel" in a food listing.

[And for you wiseacres, I'm already prepared for the onslaught of Chipotle/bowel jokes. Bring it on! :laugh: ]

Cheers!

Replies

• zlem
    zlem Posts: 92
    vzUQc.gif
    well it does have some legit uses.. lol :P
  • Keiko385
    Keiko385 Posts: 514 Member
    :huh: :noway: and there more than just those few in the DB
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,931 Member
    Even funnier that they knew how to spell Chipotle. :noway:
  • saschka7
    saschka7 Posts: 577 Member

I KNOW! :laugh: That is far more likely to have been mispelled--I thought the same thing.
  • tommygirl15
    tommygirl15 Posts: 1,012 Member
    HAHA, cringing and loving it at the same time :P
  • newme1850
    newme1850 Posts: 16 Member
    ROFL at this post! So funny :P
  • Canderson58054
    Canderson58054 Posts: 132 Member

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • newme1850
    newme1850 Posts: 16 Member

Hahaha!!! I don't even know how to excuse that....SMH
  • onedayillbeamilf
    onedayillbeamilf Posts: 966 Member
    Usually the bowel doesn't get me until after I eat chipotle.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Good lord. That's a good reason not to eat Chipotle! :sick:
  • algebravoodoo
    algebravoodoo Posts: 776 Member
    I'm not nagging or whining. I'm not even one of those people who bang on about others who use "their/they're/there" incorrectly (although I do inwardly wince). However, for the sake of who use the database to log food..... I am begging, pleading and IMPLORING: please, when you enter foods in the database, make sure you spell the items correctly to make it easier on the rest of us. If you're not a great speller and/or in a hurry...then just opt out of adding it to the database for public use.

I don't know about anyone else, but there oughtn't to be any mention of "bowel" in a food listing.

[And for you wiseacres, I'm already prepared for the onslaught of Chipotle/bowel jokes. Bring it on! :laugh: ]

Maybe they were thinking of chitterlings... aka "chitlins"? Those are bowels...:sick:
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Bowel Food - Rocket Pasta.. I think I will avoid that stuff.
  • YoshiZelda
    YoshiZelda Posts: 340 Member
    Of course Chipotle and bowel would be in the same sentence!
  • DakotaKeogh
    DakotaKeogh Posts: 693 Member
    Oh man. And I ate at Chipotle tonight. Now my mouth needs a shower.
  • gddrdld
    gddrdld Posts: 464 Member
    Misspellings annoy the Hell out of me, but the worse part is when the nutritional information for the item is COMPLETELY wrong! I notice these thing and fix them for my diary, but most people on here wouldn't know it was wrong and are logging their intake incorrectly because of it.
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Last time I ate bowels... I called them Chitterlings.... That being said, the last 2 times I ate such delicacies, I broke out in hives and my throat started to close up so thinking about the old 3 strikes and your out rule, I no longer partake therein. (I would have stopped the first time but I did not relate the experience to the Chitterlings and my throat did not swell that time... the second time... I realized it was the common denominator and ... well, breathing is healthier than not breathing so no more bowels for me....
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    As another aside... I do sometimes put things in the database for me... I have a particular sandwich that I have at subway.. It includes a mispelling of my last name so that all I have to do is type that word and it pops up... Something tells me, that is NOT what was going on here.
  • m23gm25
    m23gm25 Posts: 157
    Misspellings annoy the Hell out of me, but the worse part is when the nutritional information for the item is COMPLETELY wrong! I notice these thing and fix them for my diary, but most people on here wouldn't know it was wrong and are logging their intake incorrectly because of it.
  • m23gm25
    m23gm25 Posts: 157
    I know! You really have to slog through the DB to make sure you have the correct nutrtion info!
  • natalovesmusic
    natalovesmusic Posts: 49 Member
    aha love it!