Pizza Hut 'Fit and Healthy' Pizza

lukasmac
lukasmac Posts: 216 Member
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
So, I got the new Fit and Healthy Pizza from Pizza Hut. Supposedly the one I order '12'' Green Pepper, Red Onion, Red Tomato' was 150 calories per slice - to be honest, I don't see how this is true: (8 slices = whole pie)

Yes, there is less cheese and it isn't greasy, but it comes on thick crust instead of thin like I thought it would, unless they botch my order (and my diet). It is mighty tasty, but I don't see how it can be only 4g of fat and 24 carbs per slice on that thick of a crust.

Has anyone else experienced this pizza and what are your thoughts?

I am skeptical just by the crust alone, so my advice is maybe cut the slices in half and that would be a true calorie count.

Replies

• McFatterton
    McFatterton Posts: 1,358 Member
    I have gotten this before and I thought the crust was a lot like a saltine cracker - very thin and crisp. Actually I thought it wasn't a very good crust. BUT, that was years ago when it first came out so it's very possible that they have tweaked the recipe since then. Also, my favorite part of the pizza is the crust, so I'm pretty judgemental when it comes to crusts :wink: .
  • I used to work there.
    The crust should be like a thin crust waffer thingy like McFatterton said. They may have changed the recipe, but I'm pretty sure from what you are describing they gave you the hand-tossed crust. The hand tossed is baked on a screen and not pan-fried like the regular crust, so its less cals and fat. But still not the thin crust. You should call and let the manager know. There might be a cook who needs to know the difference and they will most likely offer you your next pizza for free. (You won't get anybody in trouble if you do. From what I remember of the company, they are pretty cool to the employees and aim to keep customers)
  • I had it not too long ago and it was on a thin crispy crust. I think they botched your order.
  • lukasmac
    lukasmac Posts: 216 Member
    all that work this week out the window from a botched order
  • FireRox21
    FireRox21 Posts: 424 Member
    To me, "Fit and Healthy" does not equal "awesome tasting pizza". No offense to Pizza Hut, but if I'm going to eat a pizza, I'm going all OUT!

Extra cheese and extra sauce!!!! Oh, forgot to mention the extra hour and a half at the gym that day!!!
  • Jennplus2
    Jennplus2 Posts: 984 Member
    To me, "Fit and Healthy" does not equal "awesome tasting pizza". No offense to Pizza Hut, but if I'm going to eat a pizza, I'm going all OUT!

Extra cheese and extra sauce!!!! Oh, forgot to mention the extra hour and a half at the gym that day!!!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Im with ya, If I am eating "bad" I want it to be "BADDDD" :tongue:
  • NewBeginning2010
    NewBeginning2010 Posts: 235 Member
    IV HAD THERE THIN AND FIT AND I LOVED IT BUT I GOT CHICKEN ON IT AND YEST YOU GOT SCREWED :explode:
  • sheri3762
    sheri3762 Posts: 159
    HI! I had Pizza Hut this week and last and I still managed to stay under my daily cal. I knew I was going to have it so I looked it up before I went to eat. I managed to only have 2 pieces! I did work out extra long that day though just in case I had to have that third piece!!!! That is the only food I really miss, so it was a huge test to see if I could stick to my goal of 2 pieces!! this really is getting easier everyday! I keep telling myself,lifestyle change, lifestyle change...hopefully in the long haul, it will pay off!!
  • all that work this week out the window from a botched order

I disagree. One meal isn't going to undo all the hard work you did all week. Tomorrow is a new day!
This discussion has been closed.