How do you love your brussel sprouts?

Options

Replies

• KabbyGU
    KabbyGU Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Steamed then smothered in ranch dressing....bad, but oh so good! ;)
  • Skinny_Beans
    Skinny_Beans Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    BOILED PLAIN. God I love brussel sprouts. They're little bombs of flavor in your mouth!
  • megleo818
    megleo818 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I like to halve them and toss them in olive oil, salt and pepper with some thinly sliced garlic and sliced fennel. Then roast them and toss with some parmesan when done. DELISH!!
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    I cut them in half, remove any loose ( <-- correct word even ) bits, next I put a tiny bit of butter on each one, dash with salt. After all that I heat the oven to 425, throw the brussel sprouts in the trash and put a pizza in the preheated oven, finally I enjoy my pizza while knowing I don't have to eat them damn sprouts. :drinker:
  • NatashaShen
    NatashaShen Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Washed, cut in half, then foil backed with butter, garlic, diced onion and bacon bits. Throw it on the bbq/grill for like an hour until they are oh so soft. At the same time you can grill your steak. :)
  • LauraDotts
    LauraDotts Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    I love mine with some bacon and onion that i brown in a little olive oil. I add the fresh brussel sprouts that have been cleaned and cut in half in after i brown the bacon and onion. Cook until slightly tender i like mine with a little crunch. Salt and pepper to taste and volia perfect brussel sprouts. Even my 5 and 2 year old gobble them down:)
    Yes. Even just sauteed in olive oil and a touch of garlic is good. I cook them until slightly tender. Over cooked is nasty.
  • ChildrenCryinNCoffee
    Options
    I saute mine with olive oil & sea salt and once tender, I remove from heat and stir in dried cranberries and honey roasted almond slices and a drizzle of warm reduced Balsamic Vinegar.
  • rockabillydarlin
    rockabillydarlin Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all the awesome suggestions! :) I'm going to try them tonight with olive oil, balsamic, and onion.
  • fjc1968
    fjc1968 Posts: 26
    Options
    Left at the supermarket - vile things
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I like them any way I can get them, but steamed with some butter, salt and pepper is one easy, basic way. A really tasty option is drizzling with olive oil and balsamic vinegar and a bit of salt and pepper and roasting them in the oven until they are carmelized on the edges. Yum! One thing to remember: it's important to pick the small, tender ones if you don't like a strong, overpowering flavor. When I go to the store and all I see are the big, over-ripe giant sprouts I just walk on by...

ETA: Just remembered someone recently suggested shredding them and using them in stir fry, too. I still have to try that one out.
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    roasted with olive oil, salt and pepper.
  • tracymat
    tracymat Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I like them best roasted.
    Wash and peel any nasty leaves away....
    cut in half or quarters (depending on size)...
    Put in bowl with a little Olive Oil, salt and pepper, onion and garlic powder.
    Roast in oven until caramelized (approx 400 for 20min).....flip them half way through...

Then mix with anything!

I love them with sundried tomatoes, feta cheese, quinoa, kidney beans, sauteed onions and garlic...
    or with sweet potatoes and kidney beans, feta cheese and sunflower seeds...

YUMMY stuff :)

AGREED!!
  • melissaann262
    Options
    LOVE them! best cooked in bacon grease (which, surprisingly, has fewer calories than EVOO).
  • Melodypharmon
    Options
    I love steaming them. I add salt, butter, pepper, and parsley. Any veggie baked is great though! Kohlrabi is my favorite veggie to roast/bake.
  • mabelbabel1
    mabelbabel1 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Love them......raw, boiled, pan fried, roasted.....can't get enough of them. i have some growing in the garden now....green ones and red ones....can't wait for them to be ready...oh and brussel tops are delcious too!!!
  • nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,080 Member
    Options
    I don't like 'em but at crimbo we have sprouts, bacon and chestnuts roasted...not too bad...
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    I love them any way, but the only way I can get my roommate to eat them is roasted. It's my favorite, too.

I prefer fresh, obviously, but prepared properly the frozen ones are good. And I can get them really cheap, which makes it better.
  • Narcississtic1
    Options
    straight up steamed! no seasoning! heathier that way!
  • SteveT59
    SteveT59 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Any way I can get them, I have some growing in my garden at the moment which will be ready for Christmas lunch (if they last that long :-D