some little things that have helped me

Options
As I mentioned in another post, I have been gaining and losing for most of my life. I have had more success in the last 4 years and i think these are a few of the things that helped me. YMMV (your mileage may vary)

1- One of my biggest eating problems is eating too much of something simply because it tastes so effin good. So now my mantra is, I can always eat this again. It will taste just as good the next time I eat it. Whether it is something I can refrigerate and eat another day, or something delicious from a restaurant, telling myself that it will taste just as good next time, and maybe even better if I don't have a memory of feeling sick from it last time b/c I ate too much of it! This may sound silly but I swear it works for me.

2- Don't eat anything that you don't like just b/c it is a good "diet" food. This will make you miserable and in addition to the calories you are getting from the food you don't like eating, you might possibly add on more calories that day because you did not enjoy what you did eat.

3- If you really feel like eating something and you either have already run out of calories or just don't want to waste calories right before a meal, or whatever, what works for me is to eat a giant pickle! I love pickles, they have between 0 and 10 calories (as long as they are not sweet pickles) and they have such a strong taste that you will probably not want something else right after that.

4- Sugar Free jello is a gift from the heavens.

Like I said, these are some little things that work for me so I thought I wouls share them.

Replies

• kayduro
    kayduro Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    These are all great ideas! Thank you!
  • stgmanitoba
    Options
    Those are some great tips!
  • teamgoodnews
    teamgoodnews Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    These are awesome tips - especially number one. I lived abroad for a year and during the last month ate like crazy, telling myself "this is my last chance to eat ___!" but I still see those foods pretty much all the time. Same with everything I eat.

And GENIUS tip on the pickles. A lot of times I just want a snack for no reason, and I love pickles. This is great news.