Help with wieght loss diet not working.

Options
I am really disappointed right now. I had gained all my wieght I lost back over 3 months. 225 back to 245. Then i Gained 5 pounds which freaked me out. I went on a diet for a week resricting my cals to 1980 per day with only 100 carbs. I walk 30 mins a day 3x a week and do karate 2 times a week for 45 mins. After a week on this regimen i wieghed myself again to find out i had gained two more pounds. Needless to say im really depressed i want to way 200 pounds and stay there forever. Im male 6'2 ,252 and 20 years old. What should I do :(

Replies

• jsdholland
    jsdholland Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    What has happened in the three months to cause the gain? Can't expect to drop it again in a week. This journeys such an up and down thing, have to dig deep sometimes to et myself back on track!!!
  • stgmanitoba
    Options
    I agree with the response above. Also may make your diary public so we can see what your eating and maybe make suggestions from that.
  • vzryder
    vzryder Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    My opinion...................too short an interval of weighing in for you to see a drastic change just yet! Allow a little more time between weighins, because it is when you get a disappointment like this ,it is too easy to throw the towel in or get depressed, give up :(

Keep on track with what you are doing, I am sure within a month or so, you will be much happier with your progress:)

Good luck
    Pat
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    I am really disappointed right now. I had gained all my wieght I lost back over 3 months. 225 back to 245. Then i Gained 5 pounds which freaked me out. I went on a diet for a week resricting my cals to 1980 per day with only 100 carbs. I walk 30 mins a day 3x a week and do karate 2 times a week for 45 mins. After a week on this regimen i wieghed myself again to find out i had gained two more pounds. Needless to say im really depressed i want to way 200 pounds and stay there forever. Im male 6'2 ,252 and 20 years old. What should I do :(

You don't have your diary open so no one can say, but . . . It sounds like you're being inconsistent. This is a long, slow, game. And it is easy to fall back into old habits and regain weight you've lost - as you've found out. That's what happens to lots of people.

You need to start over, log, eat well, make good choices, and stick with it. Period. Forever. I'd love to say there's an easy answer, but there isn't.

On the other hand YOU CAN DO THIS! It really isn't rocket science - it's just slow, stubborn work.