Cereal for Breakfast

Options
2»

Replies

• pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    So I checked out the Kashi cereals and they are higher in calories than the Special K I'm already eating.
    Sometimes it's not just about the calories, but what else is in it. Minimal extra calories is worth being whole grain with extra fiber and protein. Many of the Kashi cereals are high in sugar(but taste so good, yum) so watch for that if you are concerned, so the best bet is the Go Lean(not crunch).

High fives Nelski for saying the same thing at the same time!
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    So I checked out the Kashi cereals and they are higher in calories than the Special K I'm already eating.
    Sometimes it's not just about the calories, but what else is in it. Minimal extra calories is worth being whole grain with extra fiber and protein. Many of the Kashi cereals are high in sugar(but taste so good, yum) so watch for that if you are concerned, so the best bet is the Go Lean(not crunch).

High fives Nelski for saying the same thing at the same time!
    :bigsmile:
  • lazygirllosesweight
    Options

Well, obviously. haha. But the reason I started this thread is that I can't get buy on just a half cup of cereal for breakfast. I'm starving an hour later. Sometimes I look at what a serving size is supposed to be and think, "are there really people out there who can get by such a small portion of food?!" Anyway, the reason I started the thread was in hopes of getting ideas of other cereals that might be higher fiber/lower calorie thus allowing me to have a larger portion at breakfast. I'm finding that just isn't the case.
  • lazygirllosesweight
    Options
    I stay more full on a bowl of Kashi cereal than I do with a bowl of the Special K

Unfortunately I don't find that to be the case for me. I've eaten bran cereal and had the same problem. Starving an hour later.
  • CrystalAHS
    Options
    Nature's Path Organic Optimum Slim. Delish! Serving is 1 cup, 210 cals, 2g fat, 9 g protein, 40g carbs, 9 g dietary fiber, 7 g sugar, sodium 290 mg. This with a half a cup of milk keeps me full for hours.
  • Gidget86
    Options
    OK so I'm not a cold cereal fan, mainly for the same reasons stated here, there is no stay power.

My fav. breakfast of late. 1/2 dry cup rolled oats 'not the quick cooking type'
    2 tbs pecan pieces
    1/2 apple diced
    Cover with hot water and Micro for 90 seconds
    Served with 2 tbls of sf syrup

So yummy and I did not get hungry.

Gidget